“Big city hotel in a very small town”
Review of Hotel Condon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Condon
Hotel Condon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Condon
oregon
“Big city hotel in a very small town”
Reviewed 31 March 2008

On many levels, this hotel warrants a five, but because of the price I gave it a four. Clearly, though, I thought very highly of the Hotel Condon,. Millions were spent five years ago renovating it, and it was bought for a song last year by the current owners. Charm and attention to details throughout the hotel, from the lobby to the rooms, robes, bedding, and public areas. The only thing I did not like was the fancy looking toiletry, made in Mexico of questionable ingredients--actually smelled bad. The restaurant was in fact excellent, but again, pricey. It is not for me to question the business model of running a fancy hotel and restaurant in a town of less than 800 (with no bigger towns for a hundred miles) and charging top dollar. Some may object to paying the price, overall, I thought it was worth it.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank bhoppy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
lvoregon
Reviewed 25 March 2008

I was just on a random road trip and decided to stay here the night. The lobby and dining are is very nice, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

I booked a queen room, and although a little small, was very comfortable and nice looking. The bathroom was decently sized with cute complementary soap/lotion kit.

There were a few draw backs. The menu although looked good was very high priced, and there isn't room service that i know of and I didn't want to sit in the diner alone. Also it was Easter so everything in town was closed so I went the night on diet coke and pillow mints. The room was also noisy. They play music (not at night) in the hotel and I can here it through the door, and the constant walking of my neighbors upstairs.

But it was an elegant place and worth staying at. I will go again.

• Liked — wireless internet, clean room
  • Disliked — noisy room, small
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank lvoregon
McMinnville, OR
Reviewed 2 February 2008

Condon, Oregon: The Hotel Condon
Date: Feb 1-2, 2008
I was scheduled to deliver a training in remote Fossil, OR and needed lodging for a couple nights. Searching online, I found that Condon was the closest that offered a place to stay and I read a positive review of the Hotel Condon and made reservations. I have to say, this 18-room, completely restored hotel was a delight and surprise! Let me get the one tiny drawback out of the way first. The internet service was spotty to non-existent. I was frustrated at first, but then "gave in" to the fact that this place was made for relaxing - hang the internet!

So, it's the little things that make the difference. To name just a few: monogrammed terry robes, a wicker linen basket with gingham liner for discarded towels, etc., BIG ceramic coffee mugs and stemmed drinking glasses, Starbucks coffee for the in-room coffee maker, tile floor in the bath with two hook-woven rugs, spotless tile tub/shower combo and a complimentary toiletry collection fancy enough for gifting! In addition to the room amenities, there is a common area on each floor with fire place, book shelves, very tasteful art and sculpture and many deep, comfortable chairs and sofas for casual conversation with guests or just reading by the fire. As far as the restaurant goes, the service, settings, food and professional staff are strictly five-star. So I would recommend that anyone go out of their way (Condon is nowhere near any major thoroughfare and is plunked down in the middle of Central Oregon wheat farming country) to stay at this fabulous "gem" of a hotel.

• Liked — The common area with fireplace and the five-star restaurant and staff
  • Disliked — Spotty internet service
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
portland or
Reviewed 10 November 2007

We have stayed at the hotel twice since the new owners have taken over. They have clearly taken great pains to provide a first class experience in lodging and dining. The newly remodeled hotel is very nice with high end decor and a tastefull environment. The steak house provided an excellent meal and exquisite dessert. All things considered, however, it is a fair amount overpriced. I think they would do more business and show greater profits if they reduced their prices about 25%. Nice staff.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — ns
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Davis, CA
Reviewed 17 July 2007

Fabulous hotel in the middle of nowhere in Oregon! We stayed in a suite ($165 per night) and it was wonderful. I loved the firm bed and the claw foot tub. My family loved the giant flat screen TV. The staff as super friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel restaurant was as good as any 5 star meal in the "BIG" city (and just as pricey). Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone who needs to quiet, remote place to get away from it all!

• Liked — Firm bed, large room, friendly service, claw foot tub and BIG flat screen TV.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank RMS_ESQ
Portland, OR
Reviewed 16 July 2007

The hotel and the restaurant were way overpriced for the location and quality. I have dropped less for evenings in San Francisco and New York and can't believe I spent as much as I did for a night in Condon, OR.

The suite we stayed in was $170 a night. It was nice enough and clean, but the bed was as hard as a rock. One of the worst beds I've ever slept on, including my camp mattress.

The restaurant prices were unbelievably high. Entrees were priced from $30-45. There were no other restaurants in town. What really got me was that they offered sparkling or distilled water as soon as you sat down, but neglected to mention that each wine glass full was $3. I was there with my 3 kids and we spent $15 on water alone.

Condon is a lovely place, with lovely views on the outskirts of town, but there is just no way to justify charging the prices this hotel and restaurant do. I dropped over $450 that night and left feeling like a total sucker.

• Liked — Nice remodel
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Lola16
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2007

We stayed here five years ago and things have changed. They have upgraded everything and it is beautiful. We stayed in a suite and it was $165 a night. We made our reservations a year in advance as we were attending a reunion. The original reservation was for $85 a night and they also dropped/lost the reservation in the ownership change. For my taste the bed is too hard, it is on a platform. They serve a continental breakfast in the atrium area. The bakery items were hard and tasteless. They had fruit, juice, coffee and tea. This is your best choice if you find yourself in Condon but it really isn't a destination for vacation.

• Liked — The flat screen tv in the room and the redecorating they did.
  • Disliked — Hard bakery goods on the continental breakfast but I am sure they have to truck them it!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank juliebug52

Been to Hotel Condon? Share your experiences!