“Surprisingly Perfect”

Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this clean, modern and well equiped motel room. Customer service was terrific. A well rounded breakfast is offered from 6-9am. Plus the rooms have been updated/modernized with tile floors, (faux) slate top finishes, mini fridge, microwave etc. Had a terrific nights sleep in a clean comfy bed as well. The only draw back, and a minor one at that, is that it is along a busy road so traffic noise is there, but later in the evening/night there are so few cars going through you don't even notice it. Plus there is a yummy bar and grill next door which gives you a 10% discount if you show your motel room key. Just walk around the corner and you are back to your room. All in all I highly reccomend this Super 8, you won't be disappointed with this affordable option!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The price was excellent, bu there were a few trade-offs. The room was clean and well stocked, there was a nice flat screen TV. On our second night the heater stopped working. I mentioned it upon checkout and was told that we turned it up too high and it overheated (to be fair, there was snow on the ground the previous morning). The walls are also very thin, and while I didn't notice road noise like other reviewers, I could hear the neighbors TV well enough to identify what they were watching. I would probably stay again because the price was good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2011

This hotel has been totally remodeled. It sat vacant for quite some time and has been recently purchased and renovated by Super Eight. My wife and I have stayed twice in the top floor Jacuzzi room. Two queen beds and a single person tub as well as 40+ inch flat screen TV, mini fridge, coffee, desk, comfortable chairs, and free wifi. Add to that a nice continental breakfast in the moring with added biscuits and gravy and you've got a great deal. Highly reccomend this hotel while in Coos Bay. There is also a Rodeo Steakhouse attached for those who want to stay at the hotel for dinner.

Only draw back was a slighlty sloping room. You can tell there was some foundation sinkage or something that was not completely corrrected. It is a minor inconvenience though. Onkly thing I wish they would've done was upgrade the jacuzzi tub. They have about an extra foot at the end of the tub tiled over and another 6-8 inches on the side that would've accomodated the next step up tub and would make it all the more attractive to bigger folks and couples.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in the best room in the place so i can only reccomend it if available.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mason G
Reviewed 8 December 2011

the rooms are small but nicely decorated. clean comfortable. nice breakfast and resturaunt on site is great! I would stay again

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank truckfreight
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This Super 8 in Coos Bay is literally a fleabag hotel. There were fleas in my room!!! The front desk staff was cordial and competent, but could not make up for the experience in the "king single" room, which was the worst I have had. The bed nearly filled up the entire space, such that it was difficult to get to the bathroom. The bathroom light/heater made a nerve-wracking racket. The proximity of ALL rooms to 101 (the hotel is located between the east and west-traveling roads) made sleeping difficult.

Tales of a multi-million dollar renovation a couple of years ago sold me on this hotel; I hope this review saves others from being as easily placated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HappyNonCamper
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stopped here for the night before getting back on the road again early the next morning so we didn't go into town.

We were pleasantly surprised with the updated decor of the room (minus the carpet which seemed to have been missed in the decorating). We had a king room and the bed seemed to take up the whole room which left little room for the luggage. Saying that the room was clean, internet was speedy and free, big television on the wall and decent continental breakfast. They could improve by putting some counter space in the bathroom as there was no shelf or counter besides the pedestal sink.

Yes the motel is between two main roads but I am a light sleeper so other than hearing some conversations as patrons walked in front of our door I heard nothing other than my hubby's snoring.

We paid about $68 for our room so it's value far exceeded what we expected.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at this particular Super 8 while we were driving the Pacific Coast Highway down to San Diego. We decided to spend the night here so we could head out to the Oregon Caves the next day. We arrived later in the day and check in was very painless. The room was very clean and decently sized but not huge. Breakfast was quite nice and had a very good selection as well. Everything about the hotel was good except for the location. The hotel is located in a fork between opposing lanes of a major road, and the amount of noise from the road is terrible. I'm a very light sleeper and with the trucks ripping by every 5 minutes it was a somewhat less than restful evening. It's unfortunate because the stay at this hotel was otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend? Share your experiences!