“The stay was fair and reasonable for the price. they had a...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chehalis, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Positives first: When I pulled up to this Super 8, I thought ecchhh... some super 8's are newer and nice, this one looks a bit old and rundown. I did like how the parking is enclosed however and when I finally got in the room I was pleasantly surprised by the fresh paint (flat not semi-gloss, yeah!) granite tops, nice furnishings. Inside the room was something different from the outside. All the normal accouterments one might expect at a super 8 were there; shampoo, lotion, soaps. Nice selection of TV channels and a nice wall-mounted flat screen (albeit a bit small for the room) I was pleased with the room... until

Negatives: Oh the noise! As other reviewers have mentioned it's loud, but not keep you awake at night loud; more like annoying loud. I was on a lower floor (more about that later) and the family of 40 above me all wore their Frankenstein shoes and I believe they must have been practicing circus acts in their room as I was literally startled out of my skin a few times with the loud thumps from above. The King size bed was about as comfortable as one might expect at a Super 8 (as in, not very) and it made a plastic crunchy noise when you moved in the slightest way... not good.

The WORST thing that happened was that when I registered I asked for a lower room because of my knees and there being no elevator, it's really tough on me to schlep my stuff up stairs. The lady I met at the front desk was VERY NICE and found me a lower room. Unfortunately she didn't actually register me into that room on the computer which I found out later. I had a "do not disturb" sign on my door. I didn't plan on leaving my room (which I had for 2 nights) until after 11am, so I wanted to fend off the cleaning staff until then. Even with a DND sign on the door, the cleaning staff BANGED on the door. I opened the door and the woman at the door was rude. She demanded to know who I was. I asked her if she saw the DND sign on the door. She ignored my question and said that I was not supposed to be in that room and she walked away. 10 seconds later my room phone rings and its the front desk, "WHO IS THIS??" she demanded. "What's your name?" in a rude tone. I could easily tell that they assumed I had snuck into the room and was not paying for it. I expected the police to show up next. I said, "Before I tell you my name, first let me say this; I am not used to being treated so rudely. I would think that if you have someone in a room that's not expected you might want to do a little checking FIRST before you annoy the guest with an accusatory tone! I then told her my name and that the registrant had switched me to a lower room. She then saw it and only said, "Sorry for disturbing you"... which after the way I had just been treated was inadequate. To add insult to injury they never cleaned the room.

For the above reason, I cannot recommend this hotel. People make mistakes, but there is NEVER an excuse for extremely rude behavior like what I experienced. All it would have taken was a few kind words and I would have understood their concern. But to treat me that way and then not even clean the room at all... I should get a refund.

Room Tip: Make sure you're actually registered in your room or you may be arrested.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ChehalisJeff
Rose B, Manager at Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I am glad you found our rooms to be so nice. I am sorry that you were disturbed by a upstairs person, if you had call the front desk we would have call the upstairs room and had them stop the noise. As for the issue about the housekeeping and getting the call we had to find out what was going on as we did not have a guest registered in the room you were in and not knowing your name we could not figure it out. I am sorry you felt that I was rude, I asked for your name so that I could figured out what had happen and did sat I was sorry then and now for disturbing you that day. I hope the rest of your stay was better. Please contact me if you have any other questions at 541-808-0700. thank you
West Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was my first stay and I was pleasantly surprised, especially since it was so much less expensive than other recommended motels in the area, Entrance and exit from the highway was easy and the room much quieter than I thought it would be what with the highway right next to the motel.The room was cozy and well designed. I especially liked the size of the fridge and the steak house located at one end of the property where you could get a discount. Jewlia and Stephanie at the front desk were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful when I had a family emergency come up. Housekeeping staff, especially Teresa and Abby, kept my room spotless and also went out of their way to be helpful. I have already recommended this motel to people I know from the area as a place for their friends and family to stay when they come to visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank ruthr693
I am so glad to hear that we were able to make your stay here a super one. I am sorry you had to be here for such a sad time, but we do look forward to your returning here and will make that stay just as super.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coos Bay
Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
BEST WESTERN Inn at Face Rock

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend? Share your experiences!