“A great day of quality golf.”
Review of Watson Ranch Golf

Watson Ranch Golf
More attraction details
Owner description: Open year-round, Watson Ranch Golf (formerly known as Coos Country Club) has offered spectacular golf on the Southern Oregon coast since 1923. Golfers will discover 18 unique and challenging holes designed by H. Chandler Egan and Bill Robinson.Known as the "Best Kept Secret on the Oregon Coast," our course and clubhouse are available for charity events, business outings and large or small tournaments. The facility also features a driving range, chipping area and two practice putting greens. Private and group lessons are available from our golf teaching professional. Memberships are available.We are located five miles south of Coos Bay along Hwy. 101 (milepost 243.5) on Coos Sumner Lane, just 20 minutes north of the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort.Stop by or call the Golf Shop for course hours and to schedule a tee time.
San Luis Obispo
“A great day of quality golf.”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was feeling forwarned by the previous review, and expected a disappointment, but that was not the case. At the pro shop, Will was one of the most helpful and pleasant people you will ever find. I felt very welcomed and at ease, even being a wayward single!

The course is worth the drive. I had a day off from Bandon Dunes and it was nice to get out of the wind. Very good greens, true rolls and decent speeds. The course requires a lot of accuracy. you don't get a lot of room between the water and the thick stuff, but good shots are rewarded. Local knowledge would be very useful.

The price was right, the day was fun, and I will be back!

Visited July 2013

North Bend
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Extremely Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I don't normally write reviews, but when the exceptional case comes along, good or bay, it's worth sharing. Unfortunately it's for the latter. I've played countless courses as far as New England and Florida, and played along side pros and never once have I encountered such despicable management. Hassling, arguing, accusing -beyond rude, and all of this in the midst of women and children during a fundraising event when the entire course was pre-paid for for the day! And this wasn't just my experience; other people I had talked to had similar encounters. This is no Bandon Dune's (or anywhere close to it), and in such a small town word will spread when you treat people like that. I will never personally go back and I would never recommend anyone to go either. We left with another 9 holes still to play. If you're looking for a nice place, don't go here.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank jc927_13
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good times!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Challengng course but we had a great time...great value also! friendly staff,nice BBQ Saturday when we were there...will defineatly return!!

Visited August 2012
North Bend, Oregon
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Challenging course, good price”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Unless you're fit or a mountain goat, rent a cart. The hills make the course rather fun to play, however. The water hazards and I became great friends, but the greens play nicely. The driving range is a nice place to warm up as is the 19th Hole bar and cafe. For those coming to our area for Bandon Dunes, take a side trip and play a round or two at this former country club. You won't regret it.

Visited August 2011
Salem, Oregon
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Nice coastal gem”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I think this is a very nice course in the summer months to play on. Don't expect anything like Bandon Dunes but the course is challenging with nice greens. Nothing fancy at the club house but this is a nice course. I recommend it.

Visited September 2011