“Cheap food, high prices, poor service”
Review of Coach House

Coach House
Ranked #16 of 79 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is far & away the BEST food in Coos Bay! Off the beaten path, but worth looking for. Grilled, Fresh, Friendly, and always EXCELLENT food. Local's favorite!
Reviewed 25 June 2013

In the last 3 years this place has gone way downhill! The food has gotten cheap and quantity smaller, and the prices are way too high for what you get. The staff is always in a hurry for the patrons in the bar, not the restaurant. Its a small, run down building with no parking. You would think with the prices so high that they could fix it up a bit on the outside and inside. The last time I was there I was really disappointed in the quality, size and quantity of the food items. I had a glass of water that tasted 'funny' and didn't finish it. I never plan on going back, don't waste your time and money.

3  Thank Roxane D

Reviewed 17 June 2013

As a local resident this place has changed over the past few years We had not been for two years as the last experience was horrible with the owner being rude & we had reservations. We decided to try one more time. Never again.The service has not changed very poor. Busy or not you tend to your customers even if just acknowledge them. We could not get more drinks.They seem to be cutting corners. The bread & salads have changed. There tempura vegetables that was always the best was skimpy & smaller. Prime Rib, I've sure had better. It is very sad as our area has so few choices for good dinning. Our family will never return.

1  Thank Thegnome70
Reviewed 28 May 2013

On a recent trip to the Coos Bay area, my husband and I visited the Coach House after reading the rave reviews. Unfortunately, our experience was not positive. We ordered the appetizer, BBQ clams and a rib-eye for the main course. The appetizer was delivered with the main course, and was horrible - tough and chewy, leading us to believe that it had been forgotten, and rewarmed to serve. The steak was substandard and low quality.
Had we had an opportunity to tell someone, we would have. However, it appeared that the restaurant was short staffed, and the staff who were working were too busy helping patrons sitting outside. We waited, and waited, and waited for someone to come back to our table, and finally when we flagged someone down, we asked for our check. That was brought to us very quickly, and we left. It was an expensive experience, and one we will not be repeated on our return trip to the Coos Bay area.

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to eat!! I had the mesquite chicken & twice baked potato. My sister inlaw had the prime rib. All were fabulous!! Service was great and so was the atmosphere. Wish you guys were in California :)

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The owners are very sweet and they have a great place going for them. The food is really good and they have a great menu to satisfy everyone. The food may seem pricey but it is well worth what you pay for. Portions are big and food is tasty. But i do suggest making reservations because it is always packed. I love dinning outside in the covered patio. Some of the waitresses are nice and some are not so nice. That is the only downfall.