“Not the Hilton”
Review of Motel 6 Coos Bay

Motel 6 Coos Bay
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Motel 6 is an ok place to stay for a night. The room we had had a king size bed which was comfortable. There is no coffee pot, micro or fridge in your room. You get clean fresh towels and a bar of soap that's it. You have to pay for WiFi which I was not told about until after I got into the room and tried to connect. I went to the office to check on WiFi and the fee is $2.99 for 24 hours of service. It is pet friendly. There is a grassy area along the side of the motel to walk the dog. You can hear the traffic from the highway from your room so if you can't tolerate noise don't stay here. The spa wasn't working when we were there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Our family has stayed at this motel many times. The rooms are always clean and the pricing always fair. The staff is courteous and helpful. This is not a resort. Just a good place to stay the night when your travelling. We have always had a room with a King Bed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Room smelled badly, Dogs barking in next room, had to kill bugs before going to bed, Trash truck arrived before 8 a.m, Had to pay for WiFi service not advised of this until after check-in, Bathroom fan is very loud like power tool, Noisey from upstairs all night, and carpet was filthy.Stay away from this dump, all car, truck, and bike noise is loud and echos into the room. Have not stayed at a hotel this bad in 30 years, this place is a ripoff. Camping would be a better choice, in a tent!

Room Tip: Stay away from Motel 6, I am.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Don_K_1251813
Reviewed 6 August 2012

While most of the stay was okay, we found the maids and or staff to be somewhat dishonest. I forgot a power supply to my new Motorola Xoom tablet at my room (my bad). When I realized what I had done, I immediately called the motel to let them know. I told them exactly where I had left it, and they said the room had not be rented since I had been there.

The power supply never did turn up. I can only assume the maid did not want to be bothered with it and threw it away. Either that or the motel itself did not want to be bothered with mailing it to us, a service I would have gladly paid extra for. Repeated phone calls provided no satisfaction. I will never stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank metaglypto
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We usually stay at La Quinta or Drury whenever possible, but for Coos Bay those weren't an option so we ended up choosing Motel 6 because the price and location were right. The staff at check in was very friendly, but not knowledgeable about her job or the area- we were asked to fill out a check-in card when we checked out which was inconvenient and seemed pointless at that point. The room had a strange musty smell, the bed was uncomfortable, the linens were thin and cheap, the floor had several stains on it, the TV was old and there was no alarm clock. There was alot of traffic noise- I expected some being right off the highway but the walls and windows just seemed very thin.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

After inspecting the beds for bed bug droppings, I discovered just how clean this motel is. Room is great, checkin a breeze, and its right off the 101. As per usual with motel 6, the towels are thin and sub par, but I bring my own. Beds are pretty comfy, too.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank kvdk0624
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is a pretty good and cheap place for a overnight stay. The room was clean, the staff was super friendly and the bed was not a concrete slab. My only complaint is the internet was not free (the signal was awful too) and the TV was very small.

Room Tip: If you want internet access here, do not count on the services provided. Bring an aircard, or look...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6 mi away
Captain John's Motel
Captain John's Motel
#1 of 1 in Charleston

Been to Motel 6 Coos Bay? Share your experiences!