“Hey, it's a motel 6!!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Aurora, Colorado
“Hey, it's a motel 6!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Motel 6 can be a deal when it's the right one. Coos Bay has one of the better of the chain. Close to everything including tourist attractions. A clean room and laundry for the man on the move.
I stay at many Motel 6 locations when I'm on the road and a deal is what I'm looking for.
I have AARP and that get a discount and free Wi-Fi with the AARP card.
Check them out, it's all you need if you are playing tourist or working.
VERY friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This motel offered a relatively clean place to stay while traveling. Room was reasonably clean (most of carpet well vacuumed, but hard to reach corners and crevices did not appear to have been cleaned in some time). Bed linens clean and fresh. Bed fairly firm, comfortable for me. Standard poly pillows, springy not flat. Bathroom and counter were clean. Everything in the room functioned properly. There was some substantial road noise from passing traffic - didn't bother me, but if you are a light sleeper, this could present a problem. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly, personable, and made check in a breeze. No shampoo, tissues or clock in the room, so bring your own if you need these items. Having written all this, the price was very reasonable & I expect you get what you pay for - I would stay there again if traveling through Coos Bay on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the highway as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

When reviewing this motel I think you need to be realistic. I payed just under $60 so it isn't going to be 5* luxury. What it is is a decent overnighter. If I was staying longer u would probably want somewhere with a few more frills but for one night it's fine

I arrived fairly late, went to the lobby where checkin was efficient and friendly. I was aware wifi was an extra which I opted for. Throughout my stay it was reliable and fast.

It was quite busy during my stay, mostly with sand buggiest from the dunes.

The motel is on the main road so you do get traffic noise, as well as the usual people noise from the car park.

My room was spacious. It did smell a bit clinical, like it needed a good airing, but noting I couldn't put up with.

Rooms are quite bare. Very few extras, you get all you need really ( no hair drier, fridge, safe)

Pretty clean overall, pillows were a bit grubby but all bedding clean.

I had a good nights sleep. They only give you a thin blanket, for me that's not a problem as the weather was warm.

There was no do not disturb sign, as I had arrived late I wanted a lie in. I was not disturbed by housekeeping though.

Overall this is a fine budget motel, just come with realistic expectations. Therefore I have given it - rating of 4 as it was good value and did what I expected

Plus point: shower was lovely and powerful and warm, not all are

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Remember this is only a 2 star motel. We paid $60 for everything including the tax. There is a $3 for microwave and fridge. Also a charge of $2 for WiFi if you want to use it. Clean and big enough for my husband, our 3 kids and myself. Beds were decently comfortable. I always bring my own pillows because I never like motel pillows but my husband said they were OK if you put a couple of them together.
Basic furniture. Beds, long desk with shelves and drawers, chair, mirror, small TV, fridge and microwave, closet with long rack and several hangers and shelf. Ac unit worked good. No coffee pot, hair dryer or even tissues. Even tho this website says there is free breakfast...there is NOT. We went to the local Fred Meyer and bought a few things for breakfast and kept in the fridge for the next morning. Fridge was not cold cold, but cool enough.
Everything was clean and this motel served its purpose well of a place to sleep etc overnight.
Parking lot is a little difficult for larger vehicle. We have a suburban and found parking and maneuvering to be slightly difficult/crowded. And there was an incident of another vehicle in the parking lot that had been hit and the entire front bumper of the car was taken off. Nobody had even known about it so hopefully security cameras will tell who did it/what happened!
Would stay again tho if we were looking for a cheap place to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jody D
Dallas, Oregon
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We just returned from a weekend stay in Coos Bay, Oregon. We chose to stay at the local Motel 6 because of the price and were pleasantly surprised that comfort and cleanliness were sacrificed to economy. True, Motel 6 is pretty bare bones, but we found the room clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff among the friendliest we have ever encountered in our many years of travel all across the country. We were greeted with a smile and warmly welcomed by the reception team. They readily answered all our questions, helped when I had trouble accessing the internet, and guided us to local sites and activites for our visit. We look forward to a return stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annofreddog
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at the Motel 6 Coos Bay last night and was not impressed. The first thing I noticed as I entered my room was that the door had clearly been forced open and not completely repaired. The wood around the security bolt was badly cracked and poorly painted over. The room was actually quite large, but very sparsely furnished. There was no clock; basically nothing was in the room other than the linens and some basic furniture.

I turned on the small tv to find that it had extremely poor reception on the cable, and was not really watchable. Seeking other entertainment, I found the wi-fi, which I assumed was free, actually costs $2.99 per device per day.

The shower, at least, was respectable. Although, the bathroom was bizarrely tiny. The hand-washing area outside was over twice the size of the toilet/tub zone. You couldn't even open the door if someone was sitting on the toilet, kinda like a motorhome bathroom.

When I went to bed, I found women's hairs on two of the Motel pillows. Fortunately, I had brought one of my own with me. I also found that their standard blackout curtain was no match for the powerful spotlights outside. My room was also located above the hot tub, so it was a little loud.

The hotel staff were nice at check in and throughout my visit. Overall, this is not one of the worst places I've ever stayed, but I was not happy with my experience and would have been very upset if I had been paying over $50/night. I recommend trying one of the local no-name places that aren't advertised online instead. I saw a bunch of nearby, especially a mile or so away in North Bend.

Room Tip: Check your room before accepting it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Coos Bay, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Autopiloted,

Travellers are raving about these Coos Bay hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed one night. rooms were dated and kind of tatty. location of the motel was not great, not near any amenities and there was no good place to take the dogs, on the property or nearby. Desk staff were very nice though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging

Been to Motel 6 Coos Bay? Share your experiences!