“Clean Rooms, Great Breakfast and Friendly staff always there to help”

Best Western Holiday Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cottage Grove, Oregon
“Clean Rooms, Great Breakfast and Friendly staff always there to help”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Traveling 8 to 9 months away from home each year I am always happy to get back to to Coos bay Best Western. This place has everything...Walking distance to Downtown shops and the waterfront park, Hot breakfast too much to mention, pool, spa, exersize room, and the same friendly staff year afer year.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Holiday Motel in Coos Bay Oregon for 12 weeks this year on a business trip. It was the most enjoyable experience I have had yet and I have stayed in several hotels in the Coos Bay are over the years. The have complimentary breakfast as well as a large pool and spa. The workout room is quiet and comfortable. The rooms are VERY CLEAN, large and comfortable beds. As far as the staff, I could write a book about how amazing they are. The girls at the front desk are very friendly, welcoming, and go out of there way to make you feel at home. The maintence staff was helpful and courteous and the housekeeping staff was a delight. The staff at the Best Western gets 5 Stars from me. There is no other hotel or motel in town that even comes close.

2 Thank Heatherjoy1980
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I have been going to this motel for the last 3 years for work. My room has always been very clean. The Customer Service has always been up and beyond my expectations. I do also like that they have a complementary breakfast bar. I would recommend this Motel to anybody that wants a clean room with great service! Thank you to Marcy, Jenny, Heather, & Nathan for all the pleasent stays I have had at your Motel.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I have stayed here a few times over the pass few years adn would not consider anothe hotel. Comfortable, clean, free Wi-Fi, good breakfast, and friendly staff, better than some 4 star hotels I have stayed at. They are constantly updating features of the hotel. They have recommended some good restaurants when I have asked and many are in walking distance. I do aquaraobics for exercise and their pool is big enough and deep enough to do them.

Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I normally avoid Best Western's like the plague - I find them far too inconsistent. Some are near-luxury, others are fleabag motels. While driving through on this night, I had limited options and was tired. This motel was a pleasant surprise. All the staff I interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful. The room, like the building overall, was basic, but clean and comfortable. My only nitpick with the room was the mattress - far too soft and mushy in my opinion. Everything else was very appropriate for the level of accomodation and the price. Motel was fairly full due to a high school tournament in town, but I was not bothered with noise from the hall or other rooms.

Hot tub and pool area were clean, and I was happy to find the hot tub to actually be hot. Too many hotel hot tubs have rather tepid temperatures. It was a disappointment to find no towels in the pool area, but no big deal. Perhaps the biggest disappointment was with the included breakfast. Generic and blah. But again, probably appropriate for the price and level of hotel. Also had a small fitness center that was outfitted better than some more expensive hotels. Motel has two computers for guest use, free of charge, with decent internet speed.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kevin_from_AKandCO
Reviewed 26 January 2011

For reasons I don't understand, all motels in Coos Bay are more expensive than one would expect, as is this one. But the staff could not have been nicer. My grandchildren live in town, and the staff has no problem with them using the swimming pool when I stay. The beds are very comfortable and the breakfast is one of the better motel breakfasts around. The location is central and in walking distance of good restaurant options. I come to Coos Bay regularly and this is where I almost always stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I had no great expectations when arriving for a business trip in beautiful Coos Bay, Oregon. I was aware that the town had no major chain franchises in terms of hotels or restaurants, so I was relying totally on my client, the owner of Coos Bay Yellow Cab, for guidance. He said to me "Don't worry about anything, I'm putting you in the Best Western." He was right as rain. What a terrific place! I have stayed in some 15 hotels in 15 cities since Labor Day, and this stay was the most memorable. Great room, great amenities, a fabulous hot breakfast- I could not have been happier. As it is an older building, the look is a bit retro, but for me, that was part of the ambiance. Walking distance to several restaurants, view of the river, and absolutely the finest staffed hotel in memory. By the way, I was there on business, but my host took the time to show me the sights. OH MY LORD! This is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in this country. Bring a video camera, a digital camera, and your significant other. Coos Bay is just glorious. The views from the cliffs are among the best I have ever seen.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Plainview Motel & RV Park

Been to Best Western Holiday Hotel? Share your experiences!