All reviewsbreakfast was includedbuffet styleroom was cleantwo sinksrooms are largewould stay here againwe've stayedstaff was friendlyno elevatoryogurtoregon coastpetmicrowavehighwayexteriorbaydog
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here on our road trip down Rt. 101, so it was very convenient for us. The room (a double with 2 queens) was very big, clean, and comfortable. Nothing fancy, it was a good choice for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
coosbaygm, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a chance to stretch your legs a long the City of Coos Bay Boardwalk after a long road trip. We hope to have you and your family back the next time you are in the Coos Bay area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Traveled to Coos Bay/North Bend for business and glad I selected the Red Lion. Rooms were spacious and there were two sinks (one inside the bathroom and one outside the bathroom close to the fridge and microwave); great for a couple or family. The bath amenities are "Pure" and very nice. My only complaint is that the mattress was a bit old and hard, but OK for one night. A full hot breakfast is offered (scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes) and is tasty, although the selection of items is limited. I would stay here again if traveling to this area.

Room Tip: A portion of the hotel has upper and lower rooms, but there is a section that is single story and may be less noisy (no one upstairs stomping around and they are further away from the highway).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
coosbaygm, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. One of the secret gems of Coos Bay is the Coach House Restaurant where they serve locally harvested Oysters, try them cooked over the BBQ in the half shell. Hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed the Red Lion in Walla Walla so much we stayed at this one in Coos Bay, OR. The room was absolutely huge and very comfortable. The bed wasn't as comfy as Walla Walla but we slept peacefully thru the night. Our room charge didn't include breakfast so we took off as soon as we got up, but the hotel does have a breakfast but am not able to review that. The hotel is along hiway 101 but it is a distance away from attractions. We went to Sunset Bay, on the ocean side of town, to watch the sunset but the drive was only 20 min or so away. Not too bad.

Definitely check this one out!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very please to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Sunset Bay. On you next visit if you go 1 mile past Sunset Bay there is Shore Acres State Park and their you will find seven acres of formal, oriental and rose gardens. We hope to have you and your family back in the future for another enjoyable and memorable stay.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed one night on drive from Mendocino to Seattle and booked on line. The place had a rather deserted look (at 6pm on a Friday night the parking lot was virtually empty, although at 9am the next morning it was full). Our room was very large, two queen sized beds, a comfortable arm-chair, big bathroom. Everything was clean, if slightly dated.

Staff very friendly and efficient. About the last reviewer's complaints re: breakfast: all I can say is what did he expect for $5? High-tea at The Ritz? It was a pretty good $5 breakfast.

All in all, given the price of the room, I think the Inn offers value for money and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
coosbaygm, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

First I want to cover the good. Every staff member I met was helpful and nice. I cannot complain about customer service. Check in was nice. The desk person moved us to a double queen room instead of a single. When I asked a cleaning person for something they were courteous and nice. There is an outdoor pool(closed for the season) and a small workout room with TV , treadmills, eliptical, and dumbells with an adjustable bench. Sadly that was about it for the good.

First we checked in pretty late in the evening. We were all dressed for bed and when I tried to turn on the TV it did not work. I found that it was unplugged. I had to have my wife hold the TV while I crammed my arm behind the large cabinet and grab the cord to plug it in. It was a heavy cabinet and I was barely able to move it enough to get to the cable.

When we did get it plugged in I noticed that many of the supposed channels that are listed as available were not. Now, we don't watch much TV, but I checked the channels and less than half were there. No HBO or any other premium channels despite them being listed. The program guide in the rooms information folder had channels listed that were out of date and totally inaccurate. When we finally did get channels they were pixelized, bad audio, and none were clear at all. In the morning for some reason they were better and my somewhat sick daughter did get to watch some Spongebob.

In the morning my youngest daughter and I went for breakfast at the "All you can eat Buffet". Now I'm a guy who likes to eat. This buffet was less impressive than many Continental Breakfasts. No waffles, no bacon, no hash browns, no eggs benedict, no nothing worthy of a buffet. We had Apples, oatmeal packets, bread, bagels, English muffins, yogurt cups, scrambled eggs, sausage links. coffee. That was about it. Did that sound like a weak Continental Breakfast to you? Me too. Definitely not worth the $5 it cost me. For free it would have been great. Honestly when i pay for a 3 Star Hotel I kind of expect good free breakfast. I guess not. I've honestly done much better and 2 and 2.5 star places.

The room was ok. Nothing special. Beds were nice. The TV that didn't work very well was only a 26" flat screen that was in a cabinet for a tube tv. This made it un-viewable from side angles. Kind of a thoughtless redesign. My wife thought the toilet had hair on it or something. It turns out it was just old and had cracks in the paint. 3 star hotel? Overall it was a clean and nice room with an extra chair. It just wasn't anything better than rooms for a lower star rating. Worse than some in fact.

Overall it was an OK nights stay. It was just not worth the money or the star rating of the hotel. I have wanted to try the Red Lion before and when I got the deal on Priceline I thought, cool it's still more expensive than other places but it's probably really nice. In reality I wish I'd have gone to the Super 8 we usually go to or even Motel 6.

Room Tip: If you don't want people above you or to be above people there are single story rooms available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I have forward your feedback to the necessary departments so we could prevent this from happening to any of our future guest.