“June 13-16, 2014”

Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed 16 June 2014

North Bend/Coos bay is always a fun place to visit. We have stayed at this Red Lion in the past. Very clean and friendly. Rooms are large and quiet. Everything was good and we WILL stay there again! Pets are very welcome!

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
coosbaygm, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a chance to visit one of the area beaches during your stay. .

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is very rundown and was dirty. There were people coming and going from their rooms all night long. I got very little sleep as I could hear doors slamming all night long. The room smelled like dogs!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
coosbaygm, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I will forward your feedback to the necessary departments so we could prevent this from happening to any of our future guest

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our room was large and roomy. Plenty of room for the wheelchair every where in the room. Very nice.
The staff was friendly and very easy to work with. We had an enjoyable stay. We have had the breakfast included before and that was very nice as well.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
coosbaygm, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a chance to visit the Downtown Farmers Market held every Wednesday through October here in Coos Bay.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a great find! I drove along looking specifically for a PET friendly Motel. I needed to be able to back my car up to the door and unload my trunk and 4 dogs. I chose this motel as it was set back deep from the busy highway and had little spots of bushes and rocks and trees where I could walk my dogs safely. I went in and immediately was greeted by a super friendly girl who looked at my car and immediately engaged me in a pleasant conversation about dogs. She loved my two shepherds! So then the 2 girls at the front desk were so lovely and friendly I was absolutely thrilled at the chance to stay there. She asked if I would like to see the room she was recommending.. gave me the key, I drove over and upon opening the door.. was blown away at how incredible the room looked! The bedding, the décor, the layout, the cleanliness, everything was so appealing.. I was thrilled. The girls recommended nearby restaurants for me, the room was again perfect for my situation and even had an open window on the opposite side of the door so it allowed the air and light to flow through. I now Vow to stay at the RED LION motels from no on. If you are travelling with pets STAY HERE! they charge extra like $15 a night I think I remember? The checkout was noon which also was perfect for me, and the coffeemaker,the microwave ,the fridge, all worked perfectly! the bedding was so clean and comfortable I slept like a baby. They also have a restaurant on site that offered a breakfast buffet for under $5.00 I want to give this motel a perfect 10!

Room Tip: If travelling with pets, choose the rooms that are in a row that look like bungalows. They have no r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.I hope you had a chance to take your 4 legged friends to Bastendoff Beach. My 4 legged friend loves it when I take her there to play in the ocean and run on the beach. We hope to have you, your family and your little 4 legged friend's back in the future for another enjoyable and memorable stay with us

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was greeted very poorly when I checked in, the clerk seemed annoyed that I made him get up from his chair and check me in. He barely spoke to me and when he was finished with my credit card just pushed it back across the counter to me with no kind of thanks in any way. Then just barely told me where my room was; "in the back on the right on top".

1  Thank Jeff B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the problem you experienced with your check in I have passed on your feedback to the necessary department to assure that the problem is fixed so it does not affect any of our future guests. We hope to have you back the next time you are in the Coos Bay area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here on our road trip down Rt. 101, so it was very convenient for us. The room (a double with 2 queens) was very big, clean, and comfortable. Nothing fancy, it was a good choice for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a chance to stretch your legs a long the City of Coos Bay Boardwalk after a long road trip. We hope to have you and your family back the next time you are in the Coos Bay area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Traveled to Coos Bay/North Bend for business and glad I selected the Red Lion. Rooms were spacious and there were two sinks (one inside the bathroom and one outside the bathroom close to the fridge and microwave); great for a couple or family. The bath amenities are "Pure" and very nice. My only complaint is that the mattress was a bit old and hard, but OK for one night. A full hot breakfast is offered (scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes) and is tasty, although the selection of items is limited. I would stay here again if traveling to this area.

Room Tip: A portion of the hotel has upper and lower rooms, but there is a section that is single story and ma...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
coosbaygm, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. One of the secret gems of Coos Bay is the Coach House Restaurant where they serve locally harvested Oysters, try them cooked over the BBQ in the half shell. Hope to have you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend

Been to Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay? Share your experiences!