“Stunning Views”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$60.00*
and up
Morning Half-Day Multnomah Falls and Columbia...
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Corbett
More attraction details
Owner description: A lofty spot reachable by car along the canyon.
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Unfortunately the museum was closed on Monday. However, the glass is gorgeous. This location is worth the stop for the exquisite views.

All reviews
"vista house"
in 17 reviews
"the columbia river gorge"
in 11 reviews
"portland"
in 9 reviews
"stops"

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Hubby and I visited Crown Point and the Vista House while on a 2-week road trip through the Pacific Northwest. We drove east from Portland along the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge along Historic Route 30 - a truly GREAT drive that I highly recommend! We stopped at the Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint first - great views! - then continued east to Crown Point. I'm disabled, so I decided I'd stay in the car while hubby went into Vista House to see the interior. He came back to the car and said he'd found a ramp into Vista House, and that the volunteers had told him there was disabled access to the lower level (gift shop, etc.). We went into the upper rotunda, which is quite beautiful. When I approached the information desk and told one of the volunteers I'd heard there was disabled access to the lower level, she said "Oh, yes; just give me a moment" and started scooting people away from a specific area of the rotunda's marble floor. Next thing I knew that portion of the floor started rising, revealing an elevator compartment! Everyone in the rotunda, including myself and hubby, was WAY surprised! I was able to use that elevator to visit the lower lever; which includes the gift shop, a snack bar, and restrooms with ADA-compliant fixtures; then call the volunteer desk from a phone on the lower level to return us to the rotunda. VERY nice and greatly appreciated!

1  Thank helmerphud
Reviewed 5 August 2013

On scenic 30 from Troutdale, you first pass by the Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint. Pull over, it's just a pull over with parking and several viewing points, but the view looking away from the direction of Portland down the gorge is much better here than from Crown Point. However, the drawback is that you cannot see well back to Portland---it's mainly a one directional view but it is more spectacular here and with many fewer obstructions, noise, people, etc.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We were driving the Historic Columbia River Highway which is beautiful in it's self, and stopped to take in the view of the River Gorge from the Vista House at Crown Point State Park. The views are lovely, and the house is an added little attraction with an upper level for more viewing and there is a gift shop in the basement. The mail level has an information desk.