“A good choice at reasonable price”

Holiday Inn Express Corvallis
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stayed here end of June for a week, overall the hotel is in a good location within walking distance to downtown restaurants, bars, coffee places, but it is a little far from OSU campus (but in nice days a good 15-20 minute walk and you are on campus). The room was OK, clean and free internet. They also offer free breakfast which is good but I wish they could have some more variety of items (especially fresh products). Staff were always polite and helpful. Parking was also free. In summary, good place to stay and I'd stay here again when visiting Corvallis.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2012

8 ladies and 7 Kayaks and we were tired after 7 hours of kayaking in the rain. The hotel was wonderfully accomodating. Food, beds, all was great. The hotel though was very noisy! I'm sure it was not the norm, but I felt that the whole baseball team was partying in the hallway.

I'd like to say, I was especially happy with breakfast and the ladies who were working there. A healthy breakfast and great staff made up for the lack of sleep. We had another full day ahead...

This hotel is a great stop while on the river, thought the front door isn't nearly as close as they said it was to our "out".

Oh - - I had to fix the toilet in order to get it to flush.

Great time!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My family stayed last week. We love this place and stay there whenever in Corvallis. I am always pleased. The hotel and rooms are clean. The kids like the pool. The only thing is I wish they would go back to fresh-baked, rather than boxed cookies in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Where do I begin with out sounding too negative....... the issues I had with this Holiday Inn

It smelled, the lobby, the room (need to take all my clothes and get them double dry cleaned after this stay), my room overlooked some deck they had on the lake side, packed with students talking until late at night....so I tried to open the window to get some fresh air (to get rid of the smell) and it was like I was in the middle of the Student Hall at the local campus with all the noise. If I hadn't prepaid for this room, I would have checked out immediately. I think I'll stay in Salem or somewhere else and just drive into Corvallis next time.

Room Tip: Make sure your car has good reclining seats, its an alternative you might want to consider.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
HIECorvallis541, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

We appreciate every review and try to learn from them, especially a negative one. With an approval rating of 85% on TripAdvisor, and so many repeat guests, we are at a loss to know what smell you are speaking about or why your clothes would need to be double-drycleaned. We have never had a previous complaint about smells. Also, like any hotel in America, we have no control about off-property noise by some students. If you read other reviews below you will see comments are usually along the lines of “Consistently good” and “Great rooms, nice beds, free breakfast. What else could you ask for?” We do apologize we did not meet your expectations.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further question

Thanks

Liban Abdi,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here while travelling on business for two weeks. The place was fantastic - Wi-Fi in the rooms, continental breakfast in the mornings, room service, etc. It is closer to the city centre, there is good connectivity to the highway. And some nice places to visit in the vicinity make this an ideal place to stay in Corvallis. Everything was just about right at this place.

Room Tip: You may get a good view of the river on rooms located higher.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Vinay_Shankar
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Great rooms, nice beds, free breakfast! What else could you ask for? Leg up on Hilton in my opinion. Get a river view if you can.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank mghtycthul
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Corvallis while on a family-girls over-nighter to see my niece who attends OSU. The front desk staff was very welcoming and because of our late-afternoon check-in, our room was ready when we arrived. The room was clean and the beds were made nicely. I like that they don't use actual bed spreads here, but rather coverlets that are washed each time a guest checks out. We had a river view and immediately spotted a wood pecker going to town on a tree on the river bank - fun to see nature right outside the window! Right after seeing that, though, I saw the first thing that kind of turned me off........a rip in the seat of the chair by the window (quite possibly a recliner...I don't know - no one wanted to sit in it). I'm not a snob in the least, but seeing a rip in the upholstery of a piece of furniture makes you not only feel that the chair itself is kind of disgusting, but that the whole place is a bit less clean - which is unfortunate because the room was nicely kept. Because we were in town to visit my niece, we really only spent about 20 minutes in the room after check-in, then went back to the hotel after about 10:00 to hit the sack. We were greeted by warm cookies in the lobby upon our return (however, we didn't have any as we were full from our own dinner/dessert...nice touch though). Once we turned down the beds we found them to be very comfortable and we appreciated the two pillows each (4 on each bed), marked 'soft' and 'firm'. Soon after, though, I found the second thing that bummed me out....I went to get a glass beside the coffee maker with which to take some aspirin and after having removed the cardboard 'cap' that sits atop the glass, I found a hair laying swirled around the bottom of the inside of the glass :-( Had I haphazardly fumbled for that glass in the middle of the night and not paid attention while filling it with water from the bathroom faucet, I very well could have found it in my mouth....grosses me out and makes my face squinch up just typing about it! I quickly put it aside and snagged one of the wrapped, styrofoam coffee cups with it's own 'sippy lid' to take my aspirin and keep on the bedside table. In the morning, the breakfast that the hotel provides was terrific. While we only sampled a couple of items (as we had plans to eat elsewhere), I can tell you this.... My mom loved the bacon! Other items to be had were pancakes, biscuits/gravy & eggs, cinnamon rolls and assorted muffins, yogurt, toast with lots of different spreads plus cold cereal and hard boiled eggs and many beverages and then some! The coffee was superb and all of this food was generously and constantly restocked by hotel staff who never once stopped smiling! We actually spoke about it at out table, just how lovely they all were :-) So - all in all it was a nice stay. But please, if furniture is in need of repair, I think most folks would rather be a chair short than to have one with a tear in it - and yikes....please make sure all glasses or any surface for that matter, are hair free! Hair freaks people out! Thanks to the wonderful staff - you were very nice to encounter :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room! Nature to be seen :-)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Dear Minnysmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the room conditions. I am pleased that our staff was able to off set this displeasure with great service. Our housekeeping standards have been reviewed with the team as the situation you described is unacceptable. Please accept my apology on this issue.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,