“Friendly staff, clean rooms, free breakfast and pool for the kids”

Holiday Inn Express Corvallis
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Sammamish, WA
“Friendly staff, clean rooms, free breakfast and pool for the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

We stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Corvallis a few times a year when visiting family. Our experience is consistently high quality. The rooms are always very clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the kids love the pool. The hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown and a wonderful riverfront park. The complimentary breakfast is convenient and the nightly cookies and pb&j sandwiches are a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank juliedeu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Kirkland, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

I think my expectations were too high from the past reviews, or maybe we just got a bad room (329), but the hotel, especially this room location, was noisy...not very good soundproofing and we could hear noise in hallways, adjacent rooms. Plus, and even worse, the king mattress was way past its prime. Neither my husband nor I slept well on it. For less money, we had a great bed and room at the Comfort Suites in Eugene the next night. There is a good free breakfast here and the general upkeep of the hotel is fine. But beds are something you don't want to skimp on in a hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank voyager61
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2008

Very nice hotel. The place was very clean, the staff courteous, and the breakfast was satisfying. Try to get a room facing the river - great view.

• Liked — Nice location in downtown Corvallis
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IvySue
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2008

I was pleasantly surprised by everything at this hotel! It's right on the Willamette River (view from our window), spacious room, very clean, comfy bedding and towels. Even the breakfast was good; a good variety, including warm cinnamon rolls! We came right at the tail end of breakfast time, and there was still plenty to choose from and the room was bright and clean.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank momoftiffy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2008

We were traveling through the area and needed a place to stay. Stumbled upon this Holiday Inn Express and we were blown away.

RESERVATIONS: We called when we were 20 minutes away. The front desk clerk talked to my dad, took his name (no credit card) and told us she was holding 2 rooms for us.

CHECK-IN: When we arrived, we felt like we were royalty. My dad and I stepped into the lobby, where several people were being checked in, and the front desk clerk looked up and said to my dad, "You must be Mr. Gonzales." I have never had this happen and still don't know how the young lady knew it was my dad. The two gals at the front desk could not have been nicer. They took time to tell us what restaurants to go to, where not to go, etc. They laughed and joked with us. We also got a fabulous rate of $99 a night.

ROOMS: One thing I love about Holiday Inn Express is the fact that they are all basically the same, no matter where you go. Large, clean, and comfortable. Lots of pillows, comfortable beds. Blow dryers, irons, ironing board. And my favorite...the tubs that have that bar that makes the shower curtain extend out so you can take a roomier shower. The only 2 complaints I had were the noise factor. (I could hear doors opening and people walking the hallways.) The internet was terrible. (A minor detail in my book, but for a business traveler, this could be a problem.)

CONTINENAL BREAKFAST: Again, they are the same at all HIEs. Cereal, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, apples, bananas, toast, bagels, from-a-package donuts, coffee, tea, juice, pre-formed eggs, sausage & gravy. Definitely not home-cooking, but hey...what can one expect?

FACILITIES: We were only there to sleep, but the facilities were clean and comfortable. The pool looked nice.

OVERALL: A wonderful experience enhanced by the staff. I would definitely recommend staying here when in the area.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The internet
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank 1happydisneygirl
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

I loved this place. I was in town from out of state to bring my daughter to OSU and needed to stay a couple days. This place was clean, quiet, and had wonderful amenities. My room was so comfortable, with a stuffed "Lazy-Boy" type chair for relaxing as well as a great bed. Bathroom was immaculate. I liked getting a morning newspaper and having the breakfast room, with a large variety of breakfast options.

Even better, there were cookies and milk offered in the late evening, followed by PB&J sandwiches, which was a brilliant idea, because who doesn't like late night snacks (that don't come from a vending machine!)

I didn't get a chance to use the pool or gym room, but they looked clean and well-maintained.

Desk staff was courteous and helpful and EFFICIENT!!!

It was a five-minute drive from the OSU campus, and in a quiet location.

I will definitely stay here every time I come to OSU! Thanks for making a stressful time a bit less stressful!

• Liked — Location, breakfast and snack options.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2008

Have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year and am in total love with the place. Comfortable, quiet, on the river, it is a great place to relax while on the road. Good breakfast, cookies, even PB&J sandwiches late night. Every time I pull up I tell myself 'welcome home' because it really is a terrific place. Close to downtown, parks, and major roads to get around Corvallis but off to the side of town so not overly busy.

• Liked — River view
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)