“Clean and Nice Location”

Holiday Inn Express Corvallis
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Northern California
“Clean and Nice Location”
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I stayed at the HIE in Corvallis for a business trip and it was nice place to stay. I was moved to a River view and it was beautiful. Since I ended up working from the room a couple of afternoons, it was nice to have a peaceful view.

The room was clean and had all of the standard ammenities. They had a large channel selection, too. The breakfast was decent, although I missed having my hotel waffles! The staff were very accomodating and had a flyer listing the nearby restaurants. It can be a little tricky getting back out on the road during busy times. The parking garage was nice during the constant rain showers. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BigD_CA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 20 July 2010

As Priority Club members we were treated like royalty! We came for the da Vinci Days festival. All of our special requests were cheerfully accommodated when they saw that we were Priority Club members. The location on the Willamette was wonderful. From our third floor suite we viewed plenty of wildlife. The trail behind the hotel provides for a pleasant 20-minute river walk into the quaint, historic downtown area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was warm! Continental breakfast was plentiful and good with decent coffee. Great stay. We’ll be back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Portland_ORDdb
Shippensburg, PA
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Corvallis for three nights, third floor by the eastern end of the building. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The location along the river is nice, and I utilized the path that runs along the river for daily runs. The breakfast that was provided was good (scrambled eggs, bacon, muffin, sticky buns, cereal, oatmeal, toast, etc.) Never made it to the cookie reception, but did have a PBJ one evening. Wish that the "fitness center" had some weights. Found all staff to be pleasant and helpful. Staying at HIE- Corvallis was a great value and a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Bend
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I travel often for business and have stayed and many hotels luxury and other and this hotel rates the very best say by far. The staff was outstanding, the rooms were super clean and the amenities a definite plus. My son is starting school in Corvallis in the fall and I am looking forward to staying at this hotel for many years to come.
P.S. Did I say how fabulous the hotel staff was the really make you feel their are there to meet your needs, they made us feel right at home :)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 5FrequentTravelers
Monterey, California
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We were scheduled to stay for 4 nights. The day we checked in went well. At my request the front desk clerk was willing to move us to a location further away from the elevator. On the second day of our stay, upon returning to our room late in the afternoon, our room was not serviced. The bathroom was not cleaned, used towels were not removed and replaced, and the waste basket was not emptied. The beds were not made or floor vacuumed. The used cups/glasses were not removed and replaced and the bedroom waste basket(s) was not emptied. In other words, nothing was done to our room. I called the front desk to ask what had happened to the cleaning service. The lady at the front desk told me that the maids had left for the day and after further investigation she claimed that I had left my 'Privacy' sign out on my door handle. I told her I left the hotel for the afternoon at 12:15p.m. or 12:30p.m. at the latest and brought my 'Privacy' sign in as I left the room. She stated that the staff claimed the sign was still out at 1:30, 2:00, or 2:30 (she was vague and not exact with the time the cleaning people checked my door handle.)
I asked her if I could have some clean towels. She asked if I needed a "couple". I asked her to replace all the towels.
When she arrived at the door I was making our beds. I asked her to please make a note of this situation on our bill. She said that it would be taken care of tomorrow. (I assumed she meant that the room would be cleaned tomorrow.) The next evening I returned to a clean bathroom but the beds were not made. I called downstairs and asked that they make a note that the beds weren't made.
When I went to the front desk to discuss the bill I carried a small plaque my son found in the bathroom. Paraphrasing, it stated that if Holiday Inn Express does not correct any problems that "that part of your stay" will not be charged. Again I am paraphrasing. The front desk clerk told me that she was only authorized to deduct $20.00 from my total bill. When I showed her the little plaque she was undaunted. I told her that I would be contacting the manager the next morning. (My husband offered to call the hotel due to the fact that I was in Corvallis to care for a family member and unable to spend any more time/emotions on this hotel's issues.)
When my husband called the manager, the manager was unwilling to admit that her hotel had done anything wrong. The manager sided with the front desk and cleaning staff over me, the hotel "guest". The manager thought that it was fine that the cleaning crew be unavailable after 1:00p.m. When asked where the guests would know the time the cleaning staff was unavailable she said "you can easily figure it out". When asked how we could "figure it out" her answer was vague. She did not care, at all, to answer my husband's question.
The manager and all the staff never exhibited any concern over the lack of service we received regardless of any statements in writing, left in the room, claiming they will accommodate their guests.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Joyfultravelor
Redlands, California
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I did not make a reservation ahead of time. I had looked online to see what was available in Corvallis and had decided I would probably try to stay at this hotel but left my options open. We stayed here just one night. When I checked in the person helping me was very pleasant. When I inquired about the cost of a room with a river view she offered me one at the cost of a regular room. The hotel was extremely clean. Nothing looked old or worn out. We ate the complementary breakfast the next morning which was good. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Corvallis
Reviewed 29 March 2010

So, this is a difficult hotel to review because we couldn't reserve online and were had to call locally to make a reservation. However, when we tried to call ( several times over the course of 2 days), no once answered. Eventually, we got through and booked a room. Our first impressions (after the terrible phone service that is), is that the rooms were nice. However, we soon found out that the service is absolutely horrible. For example, we were enticed by the hour of "cookies and milk" from 8 to 9 pm that was talked about when we checked in. However, when we showed up for this "great desert" at 8:20 pm, we were told that they were all gone. Clearly, the young lady who was in charge decided she was going to make her own rules. Then, when I called down to see if they would have their "peanut butter and jelly sandwiches," which were were also advertised as a selling point, the lady said "maybe," as if she was exercising some sort of misplaced control or authority or something. Anyway, I would say that this is a nice place to stay for the room only. If you are promised anything else or want to stay here for any other creature comforts than don't! They staff is generally rude and unaccommodating.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business