Although this hotel looks nice, on 6-7 different visits we found the front desk staff indifferent, the rooms somehow dusty or feeling unused, the loudest mini-refrigerators on the planet (we took the couch pillows off and stuffed them all around the fridge to tone it down), swimming pool is always chilly, beds not all that comfy, bedding not really sufficient, continental breakfast very weak (our child would eat nothing), and we think it's tacky to charge extra to use the hideabed in the room. Of all the hotels we've stayed at in many cities, this is the only place we've ever been asked to sign a paper authorizing immediate charge to our credit card if we exceeded a certain amount of expense. I know the college crowd must get a little tough to handle when they decide to sleep over, but it isn't necessary to insult the business and leisure crowd when the come through. They never have a reduced rate no matter how empty Corvallis gets, which is a boom or bust college town as to lodging demands. My husband refuses to stay here again, so we moved on to the Holiday Inn Express on the river. We can stay at a Portland Embassy Suites with two full rooms, full breakfast, room service, etc. for the same price as Salbasgeon charges. The HP crowd seems to find it better than the older Corvallis options, but hopefully this market will get a good rate shakeup when the new Hilton opens near campus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We designed each of our suites to feel more like a second home than a stark hotel room. The result is the kind of space you want to settle into. Every suite has a spacious seating area with an easy chair and a sofa. For your convenience we provide a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and an iron and ironing board. For our business travelers we have provided a spacious desk area with an ergonomical office chair where you can comfortably work using our high speed wireless internet and after you have finished your work you will enjoy the creature comforts of your own home. For your viewing pleasure we have over 100 channels on our new High Definition Flat Screen televisions. You feel well rested on our brand new pillow top mattresses which have been expertly designed for an undisturbed, quality sleeping experience. Please join us in the mornings for our complimentary buffet style breakfast where you will find delicious fresh prepared food by our Executive chefs. To name a few, you can choose from scrambled cheesy eggs, sausage, or bacon, fresh fruits, yogurt, donuts, danishes, muffins, juice, and coffee. Our Chefs keep a variety of menus so you can enjoy something different each day you are here.To help in keeping with your fitness routine our Exercise room provides several options to suit your exercise needs such as Elliptical machines, Tread mill, Bike, and weight machines. Corvallis provides many running paths and trails if you choose to enjoy a run outdoors. The kids will enjoy our large heated indoor swimming pool while you relax in our spacious hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites of Corvallis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Of Corvallis Hotel Corvallis
- Salbasgeon Hotel Corvallis