Because my entire extended family now lives in Corvallis I've had to stay in many different hotels in this town. This Comfort Inn is by far the best hotel/inn in Corvallis. To name a few competitors: I disliked the Corvallis Holiday Inn immensely (rude staff that doesn't always service your room if you have an extended stay) and the Hilton Garden Inn is expensive with no breakfast. We stayed here 3 times: before Comfort Inn bought the property (when it was known as Salbastian (sp?) Suites), during the renovation, and now in the completed Inn. The rooms are spacious and clean. 2 king beds for 3 adults! The beds are comfortable and I've never seen so many towels! So generous! New carpet and new linens, etc. There's a hot breakfast with make-your-own waffles.
Just about 1 block away is a market that is relatively new to Corvallis. It is a natural/organic market called Market Of Choice. It puts Whole Foods to shame people! Every kind of prepared food imaginable. Ample dining areas on the ground level, upstairs, and outside. They have a stir fry station where you can put together any teriyaki, or whatever sauces you prefer, concoction. Hand it to the Chefs to stir fry and they'll add any meat you want. One pastry chef frosted a special cupcake for me when she didn't have what I requested. (I didn't tell her it was my birthday). And on the other side of Comfort Inn is a relatively new Trader Joe's. Across the street and down a few blocks is the favored coffee spot of locals 'Coffee Culture' (there's more than one in town). Their caramel syrup is to die for! The best coffee drinks I've had. But if you still have that 4 year old Starbuck's gift card it's only a few blocks away as well. In summary: if you don't like any place mentioned so far this Comfort Inn is so centrally located to downtown, Oregon State campus (more restaurants), and places to eat right next door to the Inn.
A few negatives: the indoor pool area gets unbearably hot in the summer and the pool is small and doesn't look very well maintained. I love to swim but wasn't compelled to swim in this pool. The dining area and elevator need renovating . . . But if it means raising the rates and skimping on the little generosities keep it just as is!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We designed each of our suites to feel more like a second home than a stark hotel room. The result is the kind of space you want to settle into. Every suite has a spacious seating area with an easy chair and a sofa. For your convenience we provide a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and an iron and ironing board. For our business travelers we have provided a spacious desk area with an ergonomical office chair where you can comfortably work using our high speed wireless internet and after you have finished your work you will enjoy the creature comforts of your own home. For your viewing pleasure we have over 100 channels on our new High Definition Flat Screen televisions. You feel well rested on our brand new pillow top mattresses which have been expertly designed for an undisturbed, quality sleeping experience. Please join us in the mornings for our complimentary buffet style breakfast where you will find delicious fresh prepared food by our Executive chefs. To name a few, you can choose from scrambled cheesy eggs, sausage, or bacon, fresh fruits, yogurt, donuts, danishes, muffins, juice, and coffee. Our Chefs keep a variety of menus so you can enjoy something different each day you are here.To help in keeping with your fitness routine our Exercise room provides several options to suit your exercise needs such as Elliptical machines, Tread mill, Bike, and weight machines. Corvallis provides many running paths and trails if you choose to enjoy a run outdoors. The kids will enjoy our large heated indoor swimming pool while you relax in our spacious hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites of Corvallis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Of Corvallis Hotel Corvallis
- Salbasgeon Hotel Corvallis