“Great stay. Highly recommended”

Comfort Suites of Corvallis
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Reviewed 25 September 2010

If you're in Corvallis, the Salbasgeon Suites is the place to stay. Great hotel, friendly staff, lots of ammenities and huge rooms. Breakfast was amazing as well.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites of Corvallis

Reviewed 16 June 2010

This hotel was more than I expected! Upon checking in I was hesitant to see what we were going to get but low and behold we got a huge spacious room. We had a room with 2 king beds , a sitting room with 2 televisions. This is more than I bargained for. The continental breakfast was really good with eggs, breakfast meats, pancakes daily. The service was great and helpful. I would stay at this great hotel again and would recommend this place to all my friends in Hawaii when coming out here to Corvallis visiting their kids.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I had booked a room at the Salbasgeon Suites so when I arrived in Corvallis around noon and found myself near the hotel, I stopped in on the off-chance that I might be able to check in early. I was told my room would be ready at 3:00. I returned at 3:35 pm to check-in, but to my great astonishment the desk clerk said that my room would not be ready for another 2 hours--5:30 pm! Since this was the same woman I had spoken to earlier, I reminded her that she had told me my room would be ready at 3:00. She replied there was nothing she could do, the room might be ready in half an hour but she could not guarantee anything before 5:30 as there were a lot of people who checked out that morning and the hotel was full up with high school athletes.

I had a lot of work I needed to get done before dinner--there was no way I could waste two hours waiting for a room that I was already paying for. I told the clerk I could not wait that long; I would have to go elsewhere. She thanked me for not making a scene in the lobby which was clearly much more important to her than honoring my booking. I had no idea where I was going to stay, but I could not stay at a place that provided such poor (to the point of being incompetent), customer service.

This may be a fine place to stay if you can actually check in at check in time and don't mind being surrounded by huge groups. But based on the worst check-in experience I have ever had, I could not recommend the Salbasgeon Suites to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank jodeee
Reviewed 21 April 2010

If you find yourself in Corvallis whether for business or pleasure, definetly stay at Salbasgeon Suites. My occupation promotes many nights away from home, I have stayed at some clunkers and some winners. Salbasgeon Suites is a winner!!!
Large clean rooms, great internet speed, and the complimentary breakfast surpasses any I've seen. Stay here or recommend it to a friend, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed in this hotel while having repairs done at our home. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was big enough for a family of 4, with two televisions. In the morning there was a great hot buffet breakfast. I would recommend highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to Corvallis!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I must admit after reading some of these reviews and the “response” from the management I’m in shock at the lack of responsibility you take and the excuses you make for the poor quality service you provide to the people visiting Corvallis. While attempting to make a reservation online I was on the phone with a young man working the front desk at the Salbasgeon and I have NEVER been spoken to so rudely. This man had no idea what the meaning of customer service was. He was completely incompetent.
I will now make it a point to tell everyone I come in contact with to NEVER book a room at this hotel. We are in Corvallis very frequently through OSU and so are many of our associates from work and our personal life and I would hate for anyone I know or don’t know for that matter have to deal with such classless trash.

A very disgusted customer

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
9  Thank Kysmomma
dcowan, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2010

First and foremost I apologize for the poor customer service. I was completely unaware that this had taken place. If I had been given the chance to respond personally to this I definitely would have made sure you got your reservation and some re-training or disciplinary measures for the person that you spoke to. Unfortunately, when I learn of a situation through this site I am left with a guessing game as to whom you spoke to and when the unfortunate incident took place. Had I been able to talk to someone personally I would be able to track this and you certainly would have received the utmost professional service from me.
Once again, my apologies for your bad experience and I invite you to try again and experience what a real stay would be like here, I assure you, you would not be disappointed again.

Doreen Cowan

Reviewed 23 February 2010

We stayed two nights and billed for four nights stay. The general manager was extremly rude and offered no apologizes for the mistake of billing our bank account. Not only did this happen to us but also happened to another member in our group. Also the morning of check out overheard another guest stating their credit card information was incorrect and no apologizes were made to this guest either. The carpet was dirty, the water was horrible, breakfast was horrible, the air quality was humid, towels not available, and customer service was unable to handle a large group.

• Stayed: February 2010
9  Thank mamaof4_10
dcowan, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2010

On behalf of Salbasgeon Suites we appreciate all input from our guests to take advantage of opportunities for improvement. However, apologies were extended by all front desk personal during the guests stay and myself. I also explained to the guest it is an industry standard procedure to authorize all credit/debit cards for the entire stay. The guests credit/debit card had never been charged. The guest was never billed for four nights stay in fact the guest paid with cash upon check out. Once the guest checked out of the hotel the hold on the debit/credit card she presented upon check in to our hotel was released.
Salbasgeon Suites strives to keep a clean and elegant atmosphere we are on a regular carpet cleaning schedule with a local professional carpet cleaning service. Our water is provided by our city which you will be pleased to know that in 2009, Corvallis drinking water continued to meet all federal and state drinking water standards. Providing their customers with a safe and reliable drinking water supply is a primary mission of the Corvallis Public Works Department.
Our buffet style hot breakfast is as always our number one compliment from our guests. As for the air quality all of our rooms are equipped with state of the art heating and air conditioning units that can easily be controlled by our guests.
Our apologies again, for your unfavorable experience and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.
D. Cowan