“Although it says Budget it is no Budget” 2 of 5 bubbles

Corvallis Budget Inn
Corvallis Budget Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Santa Rosa, California
“Although it says Budget it is no Budget”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Clean, but old, Pretty expensive for what you get. It was the only hotel available for an OSU function and this was booked a month in advance Very limited channel selection. And one last thing if your bill is $197.99 they will round it up to $200.00 When I questioned this she offered to give me the difference in cash I turned it down telling her this was bad business practice and it was the principle of rounding up!!!! Just be aware!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WillF55
Bhavesh P, Manager at Corvallis Budget Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
We are sorry that you had difficulties with your stay. We strive to provide the best in customer service and we will correct the issues that you have addressed. The prices do reflect changing availability and can increase without prior warning. We are currently updating our property and hope you will come stay with us again as we truly appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Talent, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Bed was comfortable, paint new, AC fan and heat worked well. Fan was loud enough to drown out road noise. The gentleman that worked in office was very friendly and informative. Room appeared clean, no signs of bed bugs (I always check). Loved the toothpaste samples on top of usual amenities. Things that could be improved: nice new modern shower curtain, but bottom of it had black mold. Room rug was worn with old burns marks, but room did not smell. Could see old stains on white bathroom towels. Bedspread could be updated.
Overall, for the price, it was fine. Owners could spend just a little for updated bedspreads, unstained towels and clean the mold off the nice shower curtains and it would do wonders for this motels overall appearance and postitive word of mouth recommendations.
With that said, I would stay here again.....the price is hard to beat on Corvallis.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Crywild
We appreciate your review and we are glad that you had a good experience. We will take your comments and take them into consideration as we are currently updating the property. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Davis, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this is it. However, you get what you pay for. The room and bed linens were definitely clean, but the room (#8) was also a frayed around the edges and there are no amenities. Our towels were worn out (actual holes in them) and TV was temperamental, knobs missing on drawers, loud heater, etc. The best thing about this hotel is its location. Natural food co-op two blocks away. Downtown, river and campus all within easy walking distance if you like to ditch the car and explore on foot.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank R33dski
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

I've stayed here a number of times. It offers comfortable but smallish and somewhat old rooms at a very affordable price. The rooms are quieter than at most of the other lodging places along the Highway 99 strip (which includes most lodging in Corvallis) even though it is much less expensive. There are some nice touches of shrubs and flowers. The managers run a pretty tight ship -- the place does not have a supply of sleazy customers like a lot of budget motels. If you're looking for a good value in Corvallis, this is it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank hiker0014
Mountain View, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

I'm all for budget hotels. But this one went too far. The room we got was freezing when we got in. The heater, once we turned it on, wasn't very effective in heating it up. The towels didn't appear to be clean (I admit they probably were clean but they were definitely discolored from years of use). The bed was very stiff. To top it off the staff was frustrating. The rate they gave me when I checked in was different from what they had given on my online registration. Upon mentioning the difference the attendant insisted that I made a mistake on the online form (saying I neglected to mention my girlfriend was staying in the room as well). Checking my reservation receipt later I confirmed I had filled out everything correctly. The price difference was small so I didn't bother to go back and argue further. But it definitely put me in a bad state of mind going into the whole experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bisforblindy

Travellers are raving about these Corvallis hotels

Ashland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

We've been househunting and stayed here probably 5 times over the last few months, usually the two of us, sometimes with our daughter. It's not fancy at all, and not in an upscale part of town, but we are not fussy folks and just want a place to sleep, shower and watch TV after a long day. This place is decent, has the basics, clean enough, and a great value. The family who runs it lives right there. It's across the street from a great restaurant and a natural foods grocery store and next to a pizza place. They have comedy central, unlike most hotels. Some rooms have microwave and some have just a stovetop, which is annoying. No coffeemaker is a negative. The wireless internet isn't the fastest.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LisaInOregon
PDX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2008

My wife, daughter, and I needed a last minute room in Corvallis for a night. I called all the national chains, but they were booked. I looked at a couple of other independents and they had terrible reviews. Dirty, smelly, etc. Then I ran across the Budget Inn. I expected more of the same. It only had 2 reviews, but they were both very positive. I thought I'd give a call. Not only did they have a room, but it was MUCH less than $100. No pool, no internet currently, but we just needed a place to stay the night.

We arrived in Friday and the guy behind the counter didn't see our reservation. It was the owner's dad filling in for a bit. The owner walked in shortly. He and his wife had been out for a walk because it was such a gorgeous evening. (the spring of 08 has been late in coming) Our reservation was perfect and so was our room. Clean, fresh, and perfectly priced. It was a kitchenette, a nice surprise. He brought a microwave to top it off.

My daughter is involved in multiple sports. I was just in an overpriced Shilo Inn in Tri-Cities Washington. The Budget Inn is a clean and fairly priced establishment and recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — clean and very fairly priced
  • Disliked — no internet
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ibeme2