“The hotel was a disappointment in many ways.”

Corvallis Budget Inn
Corvallis Budget Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I'm all for budget hotels. But this one went too far. The room we got was freezing when we got in. The heater, once we turned it on, wasn't very effective in heating it up. The towels didn't appear to be clean (I admit they probably were clean but they were definitely discolored from years of use). The bed was very stiff. To top it off the staff was frustrating. The rate they gave me when I checked in was different from what they had given on my online registration. Upon mentioning the difference the attendant insisted that I made a mistake on the online form (saying I neglected to mention my girlfriend was staying in the room as well). Checking my reservation receipt later I confirmed I had filled out everything correctly. The price difference was small so I didn't bother to go back and argue further. But it definitely put me in a bad state of mind going into the whole experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bisforblindy
There are newer reviews for Corvallis Budget Inn

Reviewed 3 August 2009

We've been househunting and stayed here probably 5 times over the last few months, usually the two of us, sometimes with our daughter. It's not fancy at all, and not in an upscale part of town, but we are not fussy folks and just want a place to sleep, shower and watch TV after a long day. This place is decent, has the basics, clean enough, and a great value. The family who runs it lives right there. It's across the street from a great restaurant and a natural foods grocery store and next to a pizza place. They have comedy central, unlike most hotels. Some rooms have microwave and some have just a stovetop, which is annoying. No coffeemaker is a negative. The wireless internet isn't the fastest.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LisaInOregon
Reviewed 22 April 2008

My wife, daughter, and I needed a last minute room in Corvallis for a night. I called all the national chains, but they were booked. I looked at a couple of other independents and they had terrible reviews. Dirty, smelly, etc. Then I ran across the Budget Inn. I expected more of the same. It only had 2 reviews, but they were both very positive. I thought I'd give a call. Not only did they have a room, but it was MUCH less than $100. No pool, no internet currently, but we just needed a place to stay the night.

We arrived in Friday and the guy behind the counter didn't see our reservation. It was the owner's dad filling in for a bit. The owner walked in shortly. He and his wife had been out for a walk because it was such a gorgeous evening. (the spring of 08 has been late in coming) Our reservation was perfect and so was our room. Clean, fresh, and perfectly priced. It was a kitchenette, a nice surprise. He brought a microwave to top it off.

My daughter is involved in multiple sports. I was just in an overpriced Shilo Inn in Tri-Cities Washington. The Budget Inn is a clean and fairly priced establishment and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank ibeme2
Reviewed 18 February 2008

We saw this on the web and the good review. When we arrived, we were shown a room and readily agreed to stay there. The price was a NICE surprise, much less than anything else we had looked at. The room looked like it had been recently remodeled and was very nicely done. All rooms opened to the outside on a single floor, making it very easy to get in and out of. The frig and microwave were a pleasant surprise. The couple running the motel were very helpful and searched out extra pillows when we asked for them. It was also very clean and well taken care of. If you are looking for a good deal and a nice room, this is the place!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OregonBelle
Reviewed 19 September 2007

What an excellent find for the price! My wife and I arrived in Corvallis very late in the evening of Monday 17 Sept 2007 without having called ahead for reservations. We called various motels listed in our AAA resource book that were at the low range in price, and they were all booked; apparently Arborist Day was already happening and would be on-going for a few days. One of the booked motels we called was nice enough to advise us to check with Corvallis Budget Inn after we asked for an inexpensive place he could recommend (our attitude usually is to check in, shower, go to sleep, and leave pronto the next day). He gave us the tel number when we asked.
We called Corvallis Budget Inn and in spite of the late hour, a very nice manager said he had one room left and we were happily pleased it was less than any we had been calling, and he gave us directions. We still managed to flounder around finding it, but in spite of the delay in our arrival and very late hour, again, he was very nice when we arrived and very quickly got us to our room. In spite of it being two double beds, he charged us for one bed.
There are three, single level buildings in a horseshoe configuration and we were in the farthest one, in the middle, room 15. No parking was available in front of our room, so we had to park next to the manager's office, but it was a very short walk, and so we off-loaded from the car what we needed and easily moved things in to the room. We wish for three fundamentals as cheaply as we can find in a motel room.....Safety, cleanliness, and comfort in that order. This spacious room met this standard as easily as three others we had stayed at on this trip where we were forced to pay much more.
The room was spacious and sharp with t.v. and refridgerator, and spacious bathroom with plenty of towels and the room had more of the basics. The bed was very comfortable. The only "compromise" we noted was that cable tv may have been basic as I did not find my favorite CNBC financial channel the next morning, but my major cable news channels were there.
Prior to departure in the morning, this very pleasant manager gave me needed directions and we chatted briefly....He would be someone you feel like making a friend ! Being in a small motel where personal interaction is easier, the room is great, and the price is unbeatable made this the Best Buy in any road trip I've experienced. Gary Buckley, Lakewood, WA.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple