“Corvallis HGI”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Corvallis, United States
“Corvallis HGI”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very nice hotel. Very clean and awesome staff. It s what I expect out of a Hilton Garden Inn. I stay here once every year because I like the location, although it's off the beaten path a bit. It's right across the street from Oregon State Univ. and close to downtown Corvallis and Albany OR - the two places I visit each year for work. I'm always satisfied with this HGI.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Port Richey, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Would definitely stay here again. Everything we encountered was stellar from the staff right down to the wonderful food. The location of the Hilton was very convienent. It was right across from the college stadium. I would rate this hotel 5 stars across the board.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Austin, TX
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Overall the hotel is clean, nice to look at, service was great, etc.--- but you stay in hotels for a good night's rest. And this hotel was built cheaply. You can hear every door close, and every single footstep when people are walking in hall, etc. If only hotels would pay for more noise insulation when they're building them. I'd stay at the Harrison B&B instead. They even have a guesthouse, which is great if you're a traveling family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Guila-Monster
David G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corvallis, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Corvallis during your recent visit to our city. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy that our cleanliness and service exceeded your expectations, but would like to apologize for the noise issue you faced while at the hotel. We will look into appropriate solutions for the problem, but I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you as a guest again in the near future.
Pratt, KS
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This was an excellent hotel that I would highly recommend. It was a convenient stop on the HUT shuttle from the Portland airport. The staff was very friendly and the the accommodations were clean and comfortable. They even stored my luggage for me while I was at the last day of the conference. Great place to stay next to campus.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This location is perfect for visiting a student, attending a game or function, or just seeing the beautiful Oregon State campus. Park your car, and don't drive it again until you leave for the airport. The staff is friendly and welcoming, the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

nkdewitt
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Corvallis, right on the campus of Oregon State University. I was in town for a job interview, and I was happy that there was some kind of dining facility in the hotel.

I am a flexible vegetarian, and there weren't many options besides salads with no protein for dinner, and I was starving. I ended up getting the fish and chips, and it really was not tasty. The fish arrived almost burnt, and was certainly freezer burnt. I would avoid that menu item if at all possible. I also ordered a mojito, but they were out of mint. I re-ordered a lemon drop, and they gave it to me on the house since my original request was not granted! The staff, at every turn, was friendly, warm, and helpful, and made the stay that much more comfortable. I appreciated taking advantage of the fruit infused water, tea, and coffee upon my arrival and departure for the day, and I enjoyed the fresh cookies that were also available.

Breakfast is also available---for $10, you have access to juice, coffee, various breads and pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt cereal, and several short order items like french toast, pancakes, waffles, various breakfast meats, potatoes.... a really wide selection for a limited kitchen, and for a convenient price! Also, if you are hungry during your stay, you can always poke through their extended sundries station for snacks, a couple frozen meals, beverages, etc. I didn't realize that was there until I was leaving, but still nice to have regardless.

I stayed in a room with two queen sized beds, and the room included a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and a nice television. Lots of lighting, a desk, and a comfy arm chair with foot stool were also a part of the room. The bathroom was large and easily held all my toiletry items without fuss, and the whole room was very tastefully decorated. I appreciated being able to control the temperature (I like it cold) from a wall thermostat, too.

I only have to (very minor) complaints about my particular room--my sink was cracked (not a big deal at all) but it was also visibly still a little bit dirty. There were some dried on bits of something that really needed to be scrubbed. The bed was a little uncomfortable and could have had a more substantial mattress pad covering it. I would have also liked to have had 4 pillows on a queen sized bed, especially if there were 4 people total in the room. I could have requested more pillows, I'm entirely sure, if I had needed them. Again, minor, minor complaints. Oh, also, make sure you always close your bathroom door---if you don't, it will swing back open, and it makes it difficult to open your room door because the two doors will collide.

I used the business center to print off some last minute items for a presentation, and I was completely confused by how to print something off. There was talk of a print release station, and getting a code to enter into a key pad, and it was an annoyingly complicated task.....until I just pressed print and my print jobs just came out of the printer without having to go through the spy-levels of password encrypted crazy times. But I spent a good 10 minutes trying to do it "as advertised."

I would certainly stay here again. Check out was easy--I didn't get a chance to use the pool or the fitness area, but people were using them every time I walked by---and it was just an overall friendly, comfortable place to be for my short visit to the area. And it's very conveniently located.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor, and was never disturbed by any sounds traveling in the hallway. In fact...