EconoLodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewseconomy hotelbagelsrooms are largewould definitely stay here againbed was comfortabletradersugar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2010

My wife & I stayed here 3 nights in September to drop our daughter off at OSU as well as attend the OSU Football game. During football weekends, hotel room prices are at a premium for area hotels. If your schedule is flexible, avoid OSU Football weekends in Corvallis, unless your attending the game...

Positives: Rooms were cleaned and basic with no frills. If you go in with minimal expectations, then you will not be disappointed. This motel is adjacent to the Best Western and right across a shopping complex that has an Italian restaurant, Jamba Juice and Trader Joe's. Service was OK and helpful enough. Lots of parking.

Negatives: No elevators. Real difficult carrying luggage up three flights of stairs if your staying on the 3rd floor.

I would recommend this property if your looking for an Economy Motel in the area, but if your not ,consider another property.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SGerard_S84
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I stayed at this motel for two nights on my way to my vacation destination. I needed to break up the drive as well as visit with friends in town and take care of some personal business there. It was in the perfect location for the things I needed to do in Corvallis. The room was very large and clean. The furniture was not fancy, but it all matched and was relatively new, so was in great condition. I had one queen bed, a table and chairs, and a large desk area with a TV set and plenty of room to use my computer - there is WiFi.

The one thing I didn't care for was that I had asked for a first floor room, because I have a bad left hip, but they don't check the reservations for special requests like that until you check in, and by the time I got there, there weren't any first floor rooms left. Unfortunately, there is not an elevator, so I had to carry my things to the second floor. In defense of the motel, the desk clerk offered to help me carry in my luggage, and he gave me the closest possible room to the stairs, so I didn't have to deal with walking down the long corridor.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Writerwannabee
Reviewed 10 August 2010

To clarify, this is the Motel 6 by the Fairgrounds . . . not downtown Albany.

Booked online, 2-queen beds, received great rate! Went to check in and received 1-queen bed but at same rate! When I went to give AAA for discount, was told the rate I have is the AAA rate. However, I did not book it that way online!

Room has NO coffee pot! You must ask for one and then they have not condiments to go with it. Also, room had NO hair dryer. I do not know if they provide those or not.

The hotel had a hot tub but it was closed for the season. Judging from the dirty condition of it, I would say it was closed for quite some time. The vending machine was empty too, nothing to drink; but hey, you had lots of ice!!!!

Bathroom had no toiletries . . . ONLY 1 bar of soap. AND only enough towels for 1-person! AND the entire hotel had no Kleenex! I asked, they had zero, zilch, none! The oriental gal spoke very little english and maybe she didn't understand?

At any rate, I will not stay there again. But usually my experience at a Motel 6 is a good one. Just not this time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1200XLRider
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I routinely stay at this Motel 6 during when I teach at the university, as the recently renovated rooms are very clean and quiet. I have stayed at the other Corvallis motels in this price range (Super 8, Days Inn and Rodeway) and find the Motel 6 to be much better. The office staff is very friendly and interested in customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank OregonBeaverBeliever
Reviewed 20 June 2009

You get what you pay for - it's a Motel 6. The best attribute is that the location is convenient off of 9th Avenue, the main drag through this part of Corvallis. There are 2 other lodgings adjacent to this property, a Best Western Grand Manor and a Salbasgeon Suites, which are likely much more expensive. The biggest gripe I have is that this 3 floor motel has no elevators, so you may want to request a ground floor room, although the manager says that he tries to reserve for the elderly. I got stuck on the 3rd floor. There is a new shopping center directly across Garfield, which includes a Jamba Juice, AAA, retail stores and Pastini Pastera. The room was decent, nothing to write home about. The TV could have been better and the a/c box is somewhat loud, but the room rate (< $50) is hard to beat. I would rather be here than in the Rodeway Inn in the older part of Corvallis for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo