“Worst Motel 6 EVER!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Corvallis
Bandon, Oregon
“Worst Motel 6 EVER!”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and had 2 rooms. Room #1 Toilet overflowed, staff tried to fix it, no luck so we changed rooms. Room #2, bathroom sink leaked and everthing got soaked. At checkout these issues were communicated to the staff who said they would have to pass the information on to the manager. After waiting for a couple days I decide to call. Lady answers the phone, I ask for the manager and she says she is the manager. Ok great. I tell her who I am and that I was following up on the issues that were given to them at checkout. She says, oh I talked to the owner and he told me to handle it. Really? Might want to get a new manager. She then tells me the only thing she could do was maybe a discount on a future stay. Nope. No thanks. Will never stay here again and I will make sure everyone knows what a horrible experience it was to stay at the Corvallis Motel 6! When you are paying over $100 for each room you do except good customer service and maybe a pad of paper and a pen in your room? Is that too much to ask for? Apparently at this location it is.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The rooms are uncomfortable. The a/c kept kicking off all night. The chairs are hard. The bedding was icky. I could tell the comforters hadn't been changed in a while. It is pet friendly but unlike corporate Motel 6's there is a charge for more than one pet. It also stated Dogs only. My main issue with this dump was that the WIFI didnt work on any of my devices the whole time I was there. Even though I was promised at check in it would work. Its very pricey too for what little you get. No breakfast. $80 in June. I found another hotel the next day in Corvallis which was cheaper and cleaner. If you are on business and need WIFI dont chance staying here.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank LiveForTravel13

Travellers are raving about these Corvallis hotels

Oregon
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We were in Corvallis for our son's OSU open house. The outside of the motel looked great, but the moment we stepped into the stairwell to go up to our room, I knew we were in trouble. The stairs smelled like urine and the carpet was stained and dirty. In fact, the carpet all down the hall was similarly stained. The room itself seemed clean, so we settled in. A few minutes after laying on the bed however, I had the sensation of something biting my toes. I pulled off my sock and looked and saw a red bite. As I was taking this in, I looked at my arm and there were FLEAS on me! My husband, son and I jumped up and immediately moved all our things to the counter, but I was very upset because I always bring my own pillow and had laid it on the bed.

We were offered another room, but there is no way we were going to stay there after that. We checked out and had to schlep all of belongings to another motel at 10 o'clock at night. The worst experience I have ever had in a motel. I still have the flea bites to remind me of Motel 6 in Corvallis.

Room Tip: Make sure the motel you stay in has dedicated pet rooms. Otherwise, you never know about this happe...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GoJessGo
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I've stayed here several times and I have to say it's always clean and I've been very happy. Nothing but the best.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to Corvallis and decided to try out the Motel 6 because the online rate we got was amazing. We felt the hotel left much to be desired. However, it was still a decent place for the price and our one night stay.

The hallway was pretty run down and smelly. Our room also had an interesting odor and we assumed it was coming from the air conditioner. Overall, the hotel needs a little freshening up. We never really got that comfortable and relaxing feel while we were there.

The room "seemed" clean but the decor was extremely dated and took away from the clean feel (hope that makes sense). I think a little fresh paint and modern/comfortable bedding could do wonders for this hotel.

They also had a hot tub outside with a small sitting area but it was closed the entire time we were there.

I added a 2nd star to this review because the staff was extremely friendly when we checked in and that is a big deal to me.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Drove down from Seattle to visit family who just moved to the west (best) coast.

Hotel was clean, room very large, plenty of hot water, towels, FUNCTIONING WiFi (could even watch a Netflix movie). Nice walking distance to some close by and decent shopping and eating places (Starbucks, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, American Steakhouse, Trader Joe's, Safeway, etc)
Biking distance to downtown Corvallis (walk would be about 30 min or less).

This hotel happily accepts dogs - which was one of our requirements.

Hot Tub was "closed for the season" (?) - not that it really mattered to us this time - and sort of in the middle of the parking lot

For the price we paid (hotel directly, not Priceline or the like), a deal that is very hard to beat.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Friendly front desk, clean and quiet room with no frills (no shampoo, lotion, hair dryer, coffee) in room. Very comfortable bed. Great shower head. Forgot my hair dryer so front desk happily provided one. It's been a long time since I've stayed at a Motel 6 and I was satisfied with my experience except disappointed there is no continental breakfast, as so many places provide that now. I love the location: a short 5 min drive to downtown Corvallis and to OSU campus, yet right next to shopping, coffee or a few restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family