“What a relief!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

EconoLodge
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
“What a relief!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We canceled our reservation at a similarly-priced hotel in the area due to the sketchiness of the other guests milling around... We toured most of the others in this price range in town, and this is by FAR the best value.
Pros: pet-friendly, an odorless & clean room, everything works well in room, nearly empty hotel due to construction, and fabulous location next to a movie theater & across from Trader Joes & Jamba Juice. Lots of other restaurants & grocery stores nearby. Cons: the lobby/future elevator/breakfast room are under construction (think exposed wiring & holes in the walls), 'continental breakfast' is frozen waffles, instant oatmeal, toast & fruit, service is unenthusiastic. If you're okay with these cons then you'll love this place like we did.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Jennifer A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Loved this place, and have never had a nicer desk attendant. She went out of her way to accommodate us and our crazy sports schedule, among other things. This EconoLodge 'Hotel' (no longer Motel 6) is being remodeled and upgraded. It appeared that most rooms were already complete, although they were bringing in flat screens while we were there. Now, I am finding that the continental breakfasts in ALL our American accommodations are lacking, especially in protein, but the area was convenient to everything, so it wasn't a problem to find a quick breakfast. A wonderful price for a great place - I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room facing the front of the hotel and were VERY happy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FanTrvlr
Sammamish
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights because we had our dog with us. The moment I walked into the lobby I thought that this is going to be bad. The lobby smell and the stairs and hallways are worst. I got 2 hours sleep each night because the room smell nasty. We paid $180 tax included for 2 nights. They take dogs but there's no grassy place for them to relieve themselves. You have to walk to the side of the road to find a strip of grass. Furthermore, there's no trash can outside so you can throw away the waste bag and I didn't want to contribute to the smell by deposit the waste bag in the hotel lobby little trash can. I had to walk over to the Best Western hotel and dump the bag in their outside trash can.
I will never ever stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Corvallis hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very clean. Friendly staff. Great location in Corvallis. Coffee only in the lobby. Microwave and frig in room very clean. I have stayed here many times and all were just fine. I understand they are being rebranded into a Quality Inn in the near future so expect the price to go up, I think, but still probably on the low end of prices in Corvallis.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Bandon, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and had 2 rooms. Room #1 Toilet overflowed, staff tried to fix it, no luck so we changed rooms. Room #2, bathroom sink leaked and everthing got soaked. At checkout these issues were communicated to the staff who said they would have to pass the information on to the manager. After waiting for a couple days I decide to call. Lady answers the phone, I ask for the manager and she says she is the manager. Ok great. I tell her who I am and that I was following up on the issues that were given to them at checkout. She says, oh I talked to the owner and he told me to handle it. Really? Might want to get a new manager. She then tells me the only thing she could do was maybe a discount on a future stay. Nope. No thanks. Will never stay here again and I will make sure everyone knows what a horrible experience it was to stay at the Corvallis Motel 6! When you are paying over $100 for each room you do except good customer service and maybe a pad of paper and a pen in your room? Is that too much to ask for? Apparently at this location it is.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

The rooms are uncomfortable. The a/c kept kicking off all night. The chairs are hard. The bedding was icky. I could tell the comforters hadn't been changed in a while. It is pet friendly but unlike corporate Motel 6's there is a charge for more than one pet. It also stated Dogs only. My main issue with this dump was that the WIFI didnt work on any of my devices the whole time I was there. Even though I was promised at check in it would work. Its very pricey too for what little you get. No breakfast. $80 in June. I found another hotel the next day in Corvallis which was cheaper and cleaner. If you are on business and need WIFI dont chance staying here.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank LiveForTravel13
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We were in Corvallis for our son's OSU open house. The outside of the motel looked great, but the moment we stepped into the stairwell to go up to our room, I knew we were in trouble. The stairs smelled like urine and the carpet was stained and dirty. In fact, the carpet all down the hall was similarly stained. The room itself seemed clean, so we settled in. A few minutes after laying on the bed however, I had the sensation of something biting my toes. I pulled off my sock and looked and saw a red bite. As I was taking this in, I looked at my arm and there were FLEAS on me! My husband, son and I jumped up and immediately moved all our things to the counter, but I was very upset because I always bring my own pillow and had laid it on the bed.

We were offered another room, but there is no way we were going to stay there after that. We checked out and had to schlep all of belongings to another motel at 10 o'clock at night. The worst experience I have ever had in a motel. I still have the flea bites to remind me of Motel 6 in Corvallis.

Room Tip: Make sure the motel you stay in has dedicated pet rooms. Otherwise, you never know about this happe...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family