“absolutely wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hanson Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corvallis
The Hanson Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Corvallis B&B and Inns
Olympia, Washington
“absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

I am so thankful that we found the Hanson Country Inn in Corvallis. We stayed there while our son was at the OSU football camp and it was awesome. The room and private balcony overlooking a beautiful territorial view of meadows and oak trees was enchanting and provided the perfect spot to enjoy morning coffee. Pat, the proprietess was welcoming and so friendly and provided wonderful breakfasts and great advice on where to dine. We loved the ambiance of the home and its wonderful grounds. I am planning on going back with my girlfriends. You won't be disappointed. What a find!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank jupiter6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

We booked the Inn for my daughter's 18th birthday. She and a friend held a dinner mystery party. Pat(owner/host) was SO helpful! She accommodated our party of 20 17-18 year olds--beautiful set up and even the clean up. She even served breakfast to 10 girls the next morning! All the while gracious and understanding. It was a wonderful event thanks to Pat!

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank rngunn
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2010

My future wife and I traveled from Maine just to married at the Hanson County Inn. The setting was perfect, the staff was very informative and helpful, we cannot say enough about what a great experience we had.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank calaisMaine
Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hanson Inn for a weekend while traveling the west coast. The inn is in a beautiful location and staff was very accommodating and helpful with restaurant suggestions/sights to see, etc. Our room was very cozy with a private outdoor patio overlooking the garden. Our bed was so comfortable I could have stayed in it all weekend!
The entire inn is beautifully decorated and is an antique lover's dream.

Our breakfast each morning was delicious! After experiencing the superb gourmet breakfast of Apple Crepes the first morning, I actually got out of bed on my own free will the second morning, eager for round two. I didn't think it would be possible to out-do the previous breakfast but I was proven wrong when I set my eyes upon THE California Eggs Benedict. It was an eggs benedict with tomato and avacado on a croissant with the best hollandaise sauce I've ever had.
The grounds were beautiful, with cats and chickens meandering around the garden. The place is definitely pet friendly and I was told I could bring my dog along for a future stay.
Will definitely return (with dog) and definitely recommend this inn!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mds67
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

I’ve been booking out-of-town guests and relatives at this B&B for more than 25 years. My wife and I stayed there ourselves to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Our experience was wonderful and none of our guests have ever had any complaints. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the breakfasts are superb, and the setting is unquestionably the most peaceful and beautiful of any B&B in Corvallis.

Our most recent experience with the Hanson Country Inn was on July 11, 2009 when our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding at this B&B. Our experience was wonderful in every way. There is no more beautiful wedding venue in the Corvallis area. The owner and her staff are cheerful and were extremely helpful throughout the wedding ceremony, which had nearly 100 guests and lasted from 3:00 until 11:00 pm.

I was shocked to see three negative postings about this B&B on Tripadvisor.com from the July 12 wedding, the day after our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding. The Crime Watch section of the July 16 issue of the Corvallis newspaper provide useful context for the infamous July 12 wedding: The police had to be called to bring the wedding party under control because of excessive drunkenness and damage caused to the premises by the guests. The Crime Watch report also notes that taxis had to be arranged to take the inebriated guests home.

If you are planning a rowdy wedding with excessive drinking and disrespect for the property, then you would be best advised to choose some other venue. But if you want to have a thoroughly enjoyable and responsible wedding experience in an idyllic setting, then be sure to book well in advance – the Hanson Country Inn gets booked for weddings nearly every weekend all summer long.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank D_and_S_52
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

We booked the Inn a little over a year in advanced for our wedding while we were on our way to book another venue! The moment we walked through the front door, we knew it was the ideal place for our day.
In the year of planning that followed, Pat was incredibly helpful and informative about all the questions and ponderings we had in planning a unique and classy wedding. She was also very helpful in suggesting what services to use and not to use in terms of catering, cake, flowers, etc. It was obvious that her 20+ years of wedding planning experience had not gone to waste!
The days surrounding our wedding, the Inn staff was incredibly helpful and did everything they could to solve an oversight on my part--and with great success! The wedding was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. We got many compliments throughout the evening about how "perfect" and "romantic" and "charming" the venue was--exactly what we wanted!
My husband and I also spent the night in the Inn and that, too, was a wonderful experience. The beds were SO comfortable we didn't want to leave! Breakfast was unique and excellent as well, and a much needed quiet experience after a wedding!
I would recommend this venue for anyone who appreciates and respects a charming, classy house for any event, whether it be a business trip or a wedding.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank Skunk52
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

I was a bit distraught by the reviews I had read regarding my favorite place to visit when I come to Oregon State University for business. I have been coming to the Hanson Country Inn for well over 20 years. In addition to staying at the Inn, I have attended several formal and semiformal events ranging from weddings and business meetings to super bowl parties. I have always been treated with respect and courtesy. I certainly have never experienced what the wedding party in July described and believe me our super bowl parties got fairly rowdy. During my last visit, I was a little worried things had changed since the last time I stayed in Corvallis. However, after I saw hole in the wall, the broken furniture and the marks on the lawn, I was not surprised the wedding party was asked to leave. Who has a slip and slide at a wedding? Should the police have been called, I do not know as I was not there, but this is an elegant residence and a business, it is a country inn not a county fair. The evidence suggested the individuals involved would not have treated their own homes in such a way. Although, to be fair, I was not present so I do not know all that happened. All I know is, as always, I had a pleasant visit and great food. My fears were alleviated and I will of course come to the Inn the next time I am in town.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business