“My favorite”

McGraths's Fish House
Ranked #47 of 213 Restaurants in Corvallis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“My favorite”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

McGraths's is my favorite restaurant. The food and service is always consistent no matter which city or town I am in.
I would recommend it to everyone!

Visited April 2013

Bend, Oregon
“What a mess!!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My friend and I (two retired women) decided to go to McGraths for a quick and quiet meal on a Monday evening. We were surprised when the hostess asked if she could seat us in the cocktail lounge instead of the regular restaurant. Neither of us are drinkers and a cocktail lounge is the last place we would wish to be seated. After we rejected her request we were seated in the restaurant where 3/4 of the tables were vacant. A friendly waitress quickly appeared and my friend and I each ordered a non-alcoholic drink. My friend was quickly served her drink and I was advised I would need to wait for mine. About 5 minutes later I received my drink. We waited about 10 minutes and our salads appeared. We ate our salads and our long wait began. After waiting about 15 minutes our waitress appeared without our dinners and asked if we'd enjoyed our salads. We said yes and she quickly left. About 10 minutes later she reappeared and said some of our order was ready but not all of it but she was certain it would be up soon. Approximately 15 minutes later the Assistant Manager, Lewis, showed up with my friend's dinner. He said there had been an accident and my dinner was upside down on the kitchen floor. He said he decided he should bring my friend's dinner because there was no sense in both of us waiting. He assured me they were cooking my dinner as rapidly as possible (or maybe he was buying time so they could get it scraped up off the floor). My drink had been gone for quite a long time, and I was very hungry so I asked if he might provide me with a complementary refill. Lewis looked at me as though I was committing an armed robbery. He appeared very upset by my request. After a further wait as I watched by friend eat, Lewis appeared with my dinner. He asked if I would like anything else. I said, "Yes. A drink and some lemons." More waiting and Lewis appeared with my drink--no lemons. I again requested lemons and waited while my long sought dinner cooled. We finished our dinner 2 hours after arriving, too late to go visit friends as we had earlier planned. My recommendation: fire Lewis.

• Visited February 2013
West coast, USA
“nothing special”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Average faire. Vegetables were underdone and no flavor. No guarantee one will get the fish they ordered--fresh vs frozen.

Calgary, Canada
“well established local chain”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I love seafood, so the second night we tried a recommended local Pacific Northwest chain, that specializes in fish and seafood. Portions were substantial, so you won't go away hungry, but the food preparation was more average and almost bland, but still good. Its a big menu with lots of choices, and the prices are very reasonable, so you're sure to find something to suit you, even if its not fish or seafood. You may want to skip the house salad, though.

Visited January 2013
Gates, Oregon
“Great Customer Service and Food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have compared several McGraths's Fish Houses in Oregon and Corvallis is by far the best. They make the best chowder over all the ones I have tried. Their service is superior and above all the best anywhere.

• Visited January 2013