“Basic, clean and just fine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Corvallis

Days Inn Corvallis
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
missoula, mt
“Basic, clean and just fine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Days Inn Corvallis is a short driving distance from Oregon State U. Small town so OSU easy to find from here. The motel is tucked away in a quiet area, right next to Elmer's, a very good family style restaurant, which is handy. The motel lobby and room were clean. Bed mattress basic, not cushy, but again, just fine for a night's sleep. No mini fridge or microwave in room, but I didn't need one. We booked on Priceline, so if you book that way, this is the basic motel you will no doubt receive. Free wireless internet in room.
My only real disappointment was the sparse breakfast bar. 2 cereals, oranges,orange juice, 2% milk, coffee, and some little pastries and bagels in cellophane packages. Had jelly and cream cheese foe bagels. Note to Days Inn: consider adding instant oatmeal, yogurt, skim milk and bananas.
Overall comment is that for the price and a quick stay, it is just fine. If you want plush, pay twice as much and stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bigsky55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

This was my first and last trip to a Days Inn. First, the reservation was messed up (it was made through Travelocity) but followed up with a phone call directly to the hotel. The room was more or less clean enough (except a couple of dirty cups under the bed) but in need of some upkeep. The beds were sagging, the remote control didn't work completely, the hair dryer only blew cold air, the chain fell off the door frame, the faucets were missing parts, there was a cigarette burn hole in the bedspread and the blanket didn't look very clean. The front desk person wasn't rude but wasn't overly helpful/friendly. We had to ask on our way out to dinner if there was breakfast and she nodded and pointed in the general direction of where it would be. It was actually quite a ways down the hall. She didn't mention the hours of it, so had to ask about that, too. The breakfast was lame--two cold cereals and packaged muffins and of course coffee, tea and juice. This hotel was worth about $50 NOT $100.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank PickyInSeattle

Travellers are raving about these Corvallis hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

Stayed one night in a pet room and killed 4 cock roaches. Not what you want to find at 5AM in the bathroom. 2 in the bathroom and 2 next to the bed.nnRoom smelled terrible as well. Do Not Stay Here!!!

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Travelerhaslanded
Mount Vernon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

error in reservation on hotels part...hotel is old (clean), outdated and smells outdated...felt like a trailer when we walked around in the room on the third floor....ended up going to best western up the street (reasonably priced, clean, accepts pets) due to being ticked about the error and where happy we didn't pay to stay.

• Stayed August 2010
Bend, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

We are currently staying on the 3rd floor. It was quite last night (Friday), the room is clean, but a little frayed. For $60 the room came with a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer tv, a/c and a strong wifi signal. I say frayed, because the blanket has a few holes in it, the caulking in the bathroom has separated. the newly painted room was painted by a non-professional, etc. Nothing major. What I expect from a city hotel with a budget price. I would not use the mini outdoor pool, but what sane adult would?

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Eastern,OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

This was my first stay at a Days Inn and I really thought that this would be a nice place to stay while I came to visit my daughter that attends school at OSU..boy was I wrong. This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. First off I went to check in at 2:00 pm which is the check in time was given my room key and when I got to my room it was not ready. Once I was able to finally get into my room, it smelled horriable, in fact I had to go and buy a can of Freebreeze so that it was bearable to stay in the room, carpets were nasty full of stains and did not look like they had been vacummed, the fabric covered chairs had big nasty stains on them also. There were spots of dried food and who knows what elseon the wall above the nightstand between the beds. The beds where very unconfortable and the comforter on he bed was stained.

Stayed February 2010
walnut creek, california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

I will never stay at any Days Inn given my experience in Corvallis. The staff were rude when I made a request. I had booked ahead and requested a first floor room. The room they gave us was apparently occupied by someone else. The bed was unmade and there were empty beer bottles laying around. The clerk did apologize but seemed clueless.
Finally, we got a "clean" room. but it didn't have the mini frig that I thought it would when I booked it. The beds were terrible. It was difficult to sleep. The bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned. YUCK!!!!
I have advised my relatives who I went to visit in Corvallis to tell everyone they know not to stay at this place. All I can say thank goodness is for only one night. I know some kids who are going to OSU, and have advised their families to stay away from Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
daysinncorvallis, Manager. at Days Inn Corvallis, responded to this review, 22 January 2010
Thank you for taking your time to let us know where improvement is need it. Is guest like you that helps us be better. I am really sorry to hear about the bad experience you had while being our guest. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I have discuss your comments and issues to our Front desk and Housekeeping department so this problem doesn't happen again. Once again I am really sorry and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and change the bad experience you had.