“Great hotel. Great service.”

Best Western Cottage Grove Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cottage Grove
Reviewed 11 November 2012

On our way from California to Seattle WA, on July 27, with our two grandkids, we decided to stay one night at Best Western Cottage Grove hotel in Oregon. The room were clean and the front desk was excellent. The continental breakfast was fantastic. We were so happy, that we make reservation to stay at the same hotel on our way back from Seattle.
Also there is a nice family restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Jessica K, General Manager at Best Western Cottage Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Thank you for posting your experience with us on trip advisor. We do apperciate the generous comments. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look foward to having you as our guest again. Thank You!!!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I work in the hotel industry as a marketing coordinator and my boyfriend and I went to Cottage Grove for the night to visit some friends since he used live there. The gentleman that greeted us was very friendly, we had a coupon for another hotel mistakenly thinking it was this one and the gentleman seemed very willing to accommodate us as we were willing to pay more but asked a 2nd lady there who came out for either for approval or opinion and she was not friendly nor willing to take a break of t their rack rate. In my experience when you have an empty hotel parking lot and coming into off season you do what you can to accommodate and keep people happy. It just gave me a bad vibe probably won't ever visit this hotel again, very bad representation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie F
Jessica K, General Manager at Best Western Cottage Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry that you didn't receive excellent costumer services. I will use your feed back to help improve my staff. Thank you!!!!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is our 2nd stay here at Best Western/Cottage Grove a small hotel right off I-5 in a populated area. We had 2 rooms adjoined. Rooms are small, with a refrigerator, microwave, and nice large flat screen tv. There is a new feel about our rooms and the layout is nice with a comfy chair with foot stool, and desk with leather type chair and desk table. Definitely clean and nice. Bed is comfortable. There is also a small pool which is thankfully warm (never understood why some pools are cold), a hot tub, and a little exercise room with treadmill, elliptical, and bike along with a tv. For breakfast (free) I saw premade scrambled eggs, hot sausage, hot biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals, bagels, breads, drinks, and such. Numerous fast food restaurants within walking distance. Good bang for the buck.

Room Tip: 2 floors. parking lot is right outside both front and back door. no bad rooms as far as i could te...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night at the beginning and one night at the end of a trip to southern Oregon. Cottage Grove was a good stopping point. The first night we were in a one queen bed room that felt a bit cramped and smelled a little strange (neither of which my husband noticed). On the second night we were in a king bed room that had a sofa. That was much more comfortable and there was no odor. It's nice to have a breakfast with some hot protein included (eggs and sausage).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jessica K, Manager at Best Western Cottage Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us and completing the survey. We apercaite you taking the time to let us know what you liked about our property. Jessica Kunz GM

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Absolutly perfect interior, very clean, upgraded, ((((( BUT...))))). Checked in about 1am, 1st room 208 the latch ball-hook (not the deadbolt) was broken off preventing it from working at all, try to call front desk, phone was disconnected out the wall and the phone itself so i go down change rooms,
2nd room 216 ball hook was also broken... Hmmm, Some late night sketchy activity in the hotel hallway, in the room next door and outside, Front desk made a Uncomforting joke literally about it.. Mocking my plea for security..
I was tired so I tried a 3rd room change room 222 and the latch was in tact but the deadbolt was broken, and scientifically couldn't line up to ensure it locking only hitting the door plate.
After my 6 year old said "Mommy maybe when we're sleeping someone might come in and take our stuff or me." I went downstairs and asked for my money back and recieved more dry humor from the front desk clerk.
I wouldn't recommend.
1st lock not working happens. 2nd lock strange, 3rd lock downright frightening. I felt like the one that got away. Wasn't tired after that. Beware.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Reinaeshaw
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were so tired, just having ended a long Alaska cruise and a day and night in Vancouver, BC. We flew home to Oregon, but did not want to drive home for three and a half hours to the coast, so stayed in Cottage Grove at the Best Western. Loved it! Wonderful rooms, nice gym and pool, good breakfast at the buffet, with omelettes and other hot choices in addition to the cereal and yoghurt.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be in a good location, not near any major highway
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We are a family of 6 and often have to get 2 hotel rooms. This hotel has a room with 3 full sized beds, plus a stting area, mini fridge and microwave; We all fit in one room and no one needed a rollaway.
The beds were FANTASTIC, I slept so well.
The breakfast area was large and well stocked.
We did not use the pool, but we did check it out for future visits, it is indoor. I liked that it has a toilet area so you don't have to run back to your room wet to use the facilities.
The staff was friendly and the location was easy to find.
It was a great stop on our drive from Nevada to Washington.

Room Tip: If you don't need the big room ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites Creswell
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Best Western Greentree Inn
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield

Been to Best Western Cottage Grove Inn? Share your experiences!