“very good prime rib”

Lounge at Village Green Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Lounge at Village Green Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

we stayed at the village green resort with a travelzoo package which comes with a dinner (at the Seasons at the Green). We had no expectation given that the breakfast served at the same restaurants was under par. It was a big surprise that the food was very good. we ordered crab cakes, muchrooms and clams for starters. the crab cakes were actaully good. we had the best prime rib we have not had for a long time for entree. the prime rib is very tender and tasty. I would go back for the prime rib again, but unfortunately we live too far.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had the dinner package at the Village Green restaurant...you could order a variety of entrees and specials off the menu. We had prime rib and also sirloin steak. good salad, wonderful bread, and tasty garlic potatoes. Our server was not up to par, however. She didn't ask us if we wanted a beverage (comes with meal) And she did not explain we could have a choice of baked potato, pilaf, or the garlic potatoes....she disappeared while we were there. Another server had to remind her to serve us.....Besides that, the food was outstanding. However the 'continental breakfast' at the restaurant is almost not worth the trouble. no fresh fruit, no pastries, no cereal in containers, waffle batter not the best, and waffle maker was not calibrated correctly..unless you love hard, extra crispy dry waffles....hard boiled eggs....and that's about it....oh and grape juice tasted like syrup. and the waffle syrup was chilled, not warm.. strawberry 'compote' was pureed frozen berries w/ too much sugar.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We ate dinner at the "Seasons At The Green" (Village Green Resort) restaurant as part of a travelzoo package. We were able to select any entree from the menu for each of us plus a bottle of wine.

I had the prime rib dinner. The prime rib was huge, much more than I was able to eat. I have had prime rib that I thought was much better, but this was good. Mashed potatoes were good, and the carrots were some of the best I have ever had!

The wife had salmon. She loved it! I tried a taste and I must say it tasted great!

Service was perfect. Very nice waiter who provided just the right amount of service.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The dinner that came with our Travelzoo package was just ok. Our wine was great, from Chateau Lorane, we chose the white. It's a cute little place but just not terribly inventive. You can't beat the location if you're staying at the hotel though.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I needed a getaway and decided to go to Cottage Grove, Oregon We stayed at the Village Green Resort and had a great time. The first night after checking in we enjoyed a wonderful dinner prepared by Dave and served by Desiree. The green beans were fresh and crisply cooked and the New York Steak was cooked just right with excellent flavor. The next day we walked the HUGE grounds that I know in the Spring are incredible, but were being prepared for the winter. Our room was clean as well cared for. I also want to thank Melanie at the front desk for excellent carer. Melinda Thompson the General Manager should be VERY PROUD of her staff, from the ground keepers to the other support staff for making our time there relaxing and enjoyable. Please take time to visit this pet friendly resort. You will be glad you did.