“Pass this one up.”

Relax Inn
Relax Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cottage Grove
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I expected a bit more for $60 a night. Dirty carpet, ants in the bathroom and doesn't look like a great neighborhood. No coffee either. Person checking me in wasn't really interested in having guests either. The gal I originally talked with making the reservation was the high point of the place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kherrington50

Reviewed 2 February 2013

We had a very long day and weren't able to quite make it home in one trip. Shortly before midnight we pull up to the Relax Inn and get a room. Because it was so late, they discounted the price of the room for us. The service was fast and very friendly, which was awesome because we were exhausted.

The room was good, although I couldn't find the shampoo. My husband found it "hidden" behind the bathroom mirror after I was done with my shower... There was a lot of space, the TV was adequate, and the heater worked beautifully - which was my main concern!

About an hour after we left the next morning, I got a phone call that we had left our son's precious Tiger behind. The office staff were phenomenal, telling me that they would send the stuffed animal out in the mail the next day. They didn't actually send the stuffed animal as the couple who runs the hotel were tied up with their young child being sick (I can relate!). However, when I still hadn't gotten Tiger two weeks later, I was getting upset. I called in and asked about Tiger, and only then found out about the family illness. I said I understand and they said they'd send Tiger in the mail the next day. Again, that didn't happen. Another two weeks later, and I was fuming.

I happened to be driving past Cottage Grove today, and just stopped in to pick Tiger up because I was tired of waiting for him. When I got there, the couple managing the hotel were thrilled to see me. Not rude or fidgety the way you would expect sneaky, slimy people to be. They apologized a ton, saying that the person who owns the hotel had taken the slip of paper with my address and phone number, making it impossible for them to call or send Tiger to me. I understand that stuff happens sometimes. In the mean time, they took excellent care of Tiger. They even washed him! My son was so thrilled to get his stuffed animal back. Lesser staff would have likely just thrown the toy out after a couple of days.

This situation honestly had me really fired up for a while, but the fact is that stuff just happens sometimes and you can't help it. When it came down to it, the couple was extremely friendly, helpful, and they did have a justification for not sending Tiger when they said they would.

Room Tip: The inner corner room was dark and very quiet. Perfect for a great night's sleep!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leigh J
Shanicoinn, Manager at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future. we will do our best to improve our room so you can enjoy your stay at Shanico inn.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Nice place and even nicer people! Room was clean, fresh and had everything we needed. Away from all the fast-food restaurants and other bright lights this is the perfect place for us when we visit CG. Managers were very nice and told us to "ring the bell at anytime day or night" (we didnt have to). There are several good places to eat AND an espresso shack all within walking distance.
We'll be back, THANKS Relax Inn!

Room Tip: our room was cinder block construction which made it very quiet. No noise from roadway or other room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kindbro1
Shanicoinn, Owner at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Horible Hotel. Rude manager. phone did not work, was told to call 1800collect. sinks did not drain. toilet stopped up would not fix. room was filthy. WOULD NOT RECOMEND TO ANYONE!
fOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE WOULD RECOMEND THE COMFORT INN.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#3 of 14 in Springfield

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!