“A nice place to stay”

Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Clean facilities, friendly and helpful staff, quiet location. Rooms were well appointed and the beds were very comfy! Close to the wineries and Salem. Dallas is a cute town as well. Breakfast was a simple continental but with make your own waffles.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilary B

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The room was dirty. Ear plugs on the floor under the bed skirt, toothpaste in the sink from the last guest, hair in the bathtub. Not sure if it was a hot tub or a swimming pool, It as to small to swim in( I could almost touch all the sides while standing in the middle), It as jets all around it like a hot tub, but It was not very warm at all. We take hotter showers. The front desk lady was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sarah W, Manager at Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Ella,

I apologize for the condition you found your room in. This does not meet our standards of cleanliness by any means, and we will be implementing new procedures to ensure that this situation is not repeated. Again, I apologize for your rooms cleanliness. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the matter further with me please feel free to contact me at (503) 537-6000.

Sarah Wilson
Manager
Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We made an online reservation on May 5th intending to stay at the Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites on the following Saturday, May 10th but forgot to change the dates in the arrival/departure from May 5th...so when we arrived on May 10th we were greeted by a rather unfriendly lady with glasses and a nose ring who informed us that we had no reservation! We had not brought our reservation print with us so we didn't yet realize we goofed up until she told us the only reservation she had under our name was for May 5th...AND WE NO-SHOWED! Well, I guess it's possible that we didn't enter May 10th but we couldn't find the confirmation on our e-mail on our phone and didn't have the print-out. "Well",we asked, "do you have any rooms available for tonight?" Her reply was "I'm sorry, we're all booked up!" (After we drove away we went back on the Best Western Reservation Website and saw that they they did in-fact have rooms for that night!!!...She was punishing us for no-showing 5 days earlier!!! Beth, we got your not so subtle message that you had the power to judge us as jerks-who-no-showed then showed up later expecting a room--and you had the power to deny us--and not help us with other arrangements, or even tell us there was another Best Western in Salem, etc...so you were willing to throw away business from the hotel which employs you to make a point (what about calling travelers when they failed to arrive on May 5th and all this could've been straightened out!). Luckily for Best Western, I wasn't going to punish the Brand for your shenanigans and we called and made reservations at the Best Western Mill Creek Inn in Salem. I promise you this that this story will be recounted to Best Western CEO David Kong...and I will NEVER stay at your hotel...and will encourage others not to bother either!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank StoneflyBri

Dear StoneflyBri,

I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory experience with us. We are currently under new management and one of the policies that I have installed is to indeed call our no shows in order to verify that the guest is aware of the situation. Unfortunately this policy did not come into effect until I started on May 7th so the situation escaped my knowledge. I apologize for not catching that. However, I would like to assure you that we do not discriminate against no shows and were indeed sold out both on the 10th and 11th. I will be reviewing our website settings so that it does not continue to give out false information. Again I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our stay was great. Sarah the manager was very friendly eager to help. She was new at this hotel, but you wouldn't be able to tell. Rooms were clean, bed very comfortable. Would have been nice if there was an ice machine on the second floor. Maybe have banana's at the breakfast. Waffles were great too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sarah W, Manager at Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Robin,

Thank you so much for your review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you in Dallas again soon. In the mean time, I will look into adding bananas to our breakfast menu, and see if we can't get a second ice machine on the second floor. I appreciate your suggestions and will do the best I can to implement them.

Sarah W.
Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff was incredibly helpful and pleasant. The room was very good as was the breakfast. There was a small correction problem with the TV which the staff fixed immediately. Everything else was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel approxamatley 8 times in the past few years and we always return here if we are in the Salem area because we know what we are going to get for our money. We will continue to return to this hotel for this particular reason. We try to stay at best western when traveling because they are most always a good value and good service. We stayed at best western in Yuma for one week a couple of years ago and a excellent time. Good breakfast and a happy hour, which made the stay really enjoyable. Thank You Wes Buzzard

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was one of the cleanest Best Western's I have ever stayed in. The staff was very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. The breakfast items offered were very good. Nice fitness room and pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
The Grand Hotel in Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
College Inn
College Inn
#1 of 1 in Monmouth
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem
Phoenix Inn Suites Salem

Been to Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!