“Feels like home”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Lantzville, Canada
“Feels like home”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've been coming to the Spouting Horn since 1972 with my parents. Back then I was gumming my food. Betty has always been so gracious to everyone. My folks and I were down for Christmas a few years ago and the saturday Chuckwagon buffet fell on Christmas Eve. They were scheduled to be closed that day. We were in having lunch on the friday chatting with Betty and her son and telling them how much we loved the buffet. Betty made a most remarkable decision to open her restaurant and put on the Chuckwagon literally for us! This cannot be an easy undertaking. Only around a dozen people showed up that night and Betty and her son were so great, chatting with everybody. Betty shared one of her freshly baked cookies with me. That was the last time I would ever be there with my mom. She passed away last December. My wife and dad and I are going down later this month for Easter and in true fashion, we'll be making a B-line for the Spouting Horn for some chowder and a piece of Betty's amazing pie. This isn't just a restaurant...it's just like home. Thank you Betty

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Jason R

Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Upset”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Pretty much ignored by the waitress, Wasn't even given water while my 3 year old was telling me he wanted water. Waited 10 min and nothing. I felt judged because we are a young couple with two kids, We got up and left and walked down to the Sea Hag which had great service and tended to us right away even though they were busy. My family and I live in Depoe Bay and will not return here and we will spread the world about how we were ignored here.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Alexandrea H
Southern Cal
“What a dive”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This place has seen its best days come and go. Great location but a moldy smell with most of the building in need of serious repair. An old woman with a bad attitude served us and explained She was the owner and was going through her sons as managers. Greasy, cheap food, help that look homeless, this is an unappetizing format for an eatery IMHO .

Visited August 2013
2 Thank cap10paul
Portland, Oregon
“Saturday Night Buffett”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Went just for the Saturday Night Buffett. The food was hot and the fish was outstanding like the way they do the chicken, the Baron of beef was tender and you could get it anyway you liked. Let me just say the size of the slice was just to my liking. Salads and condiment we available and fresh and the pie I had to pass on this time as I might have eaten just a tad more then I should. But it was so good. Next weekend at the beach will do it all over again.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank orca104522
McMinnville, OR
“Great Place to go for Pie and Ice Cream!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My family had heard that this restaurant has wonderful pies, so we decided to have dessert there.
My mother was here visiting from Kansas and a trip to the coast was in order, so we drove to Depoe Bay to try the spouting Horn. The view of the harbor was fantastic, the servers were great and the pie was delicious!! They have a buffet dinner on Saturdays and we'll go back to try that in the future!

• Visited October 2013