“Take a break”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2009

While visiting Depoe bay,Or, we stopped other tourists and asked how they liked the restuarant and they were quick to tell us they had delicious pies, so we went end to find out that they knew what they were talking about. It is a very casual place filled with photos of the history of the place. The owner makes her own pies and my husband is still bragging on her. A lovely view of the harbor is right outside the window and the service was friendly and prompt. We talked with a gentleman who worked there and he was glad to share the history behind the place. We enjoyed hearing his stories and he was very accomodating and friendly eventhough we are sure he had work to do. Stop here and enjoy a wonderful piece of pie and coffee and just relax.

Linda, Mississippi

1  Thank collins6

Reviewed 5 August 2008

A family owned restaurant, built in the 1930's. Windows on the restaurant's south side have an unbeatable view of Depoe Bay. On the opposite wall are loads of framed historical photos and news articles.

The food is good, and reasonably priced. The pies are great, baked from scratch daily by the family matriarch.

1  Thank rmm71
Reviewed 30 May 2008

Growning up in Oregon, my family has been going to the Spouting Horn for over 40 years and have always been very pleased with the atmosphere, food and friendliness there. I moved out of state in the 80's, but always go to the Spouting Horn on any of my return visits home. I am going in 3 weeks, and can't wait. Great fresh fish & chips, salads are always fresh, homemade tarter sauce, wonderful homemade pies. I am always full by the end of my meal, but get a pie to go. My mouth is watering already.

lfc, Sun City, Arizona

1  Thank littleblonde50
Reviewed 17 May 2008

I guess this place is popular because of its location and view - right on the edge of a cliff overlooking the tiny harbour, but surely it can't be because of the food, which was below par and overpriced.

We had a clam chowder that would more accurately have been called potato chowder - and this on the Oregon coast! The crab dish we had was tasteless, unappetizing, fatty stuff with cheap cheddar slopped over it and cost far more than it should. The service was nothing to write home about either.

In other words - go somewhere else!

1  Thank SojournerBC