“Excellent steak and friendly service”
Review of Jack's Steaks N Seafood - CLOSED

Jack's Steaks N Seafood
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We were heading towards Depot Bay from Lincoln City to check out another restaurant that we had tried last year and found that it was closed. Then we saw Jack's Steaks N Seafood and thought we'd try it. Nothing special to look at from the outside and the inside was rather plain as well. But when my New York Steak was served; done just the way I ordered it; so tender and flavorful--who cares about the decor? It's the food! Beans were great, nice, large baked potato and my wife's dinner, Panko prawns were good too.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We're locals and have been by here numerous times so finally decided to stop in!

The atmosphere is pleasant and casual with knotty pine wooden walls and booths with sort of a vaguely "old west" look to it. There is a bar at the back. The noise level was very quiet, even on a fairly busy Saturday night.

We were seated immediately and a nice young fellow took our drink order. They have about a dozen microwbrews as well as a full bar.

My husband couldn't decide what to order, so we enjoyed our drinks for awhile. The waitress did check back a couple of times. We ended up deciding upon hamburgers.

First, we shared a bowl of chili - quite tasty with big chunks of steak. My husband had a side salad which was a *very* reasonable $3 and included dried cranberries and candied walnuts.

I got the mushroom swiss burger which was good. I would have liked to see a little thicker piece of cheese and more mushrooms, but the mushrooms were fresh and the meat quality was good. I opted for tater tots from the choice of about 5 sides.

My husband had the smokehouse burger, and again his only complaint was that the cheese slice was so thin. At first, he thought they had forgotten it! He said his burger was good, too.

Their hamburgers are half pounders - so come with an appetite! I'm glad we didn't order an appetizer as even without one I couldn't eat all my burger.

They also serve (of course) steaks and seafood. The steaks were all between $21 and $29 which seems to be about the going price nowadays. Most seafood and chicken entrees were around $15 and include soup or salad, side dish and Texas toast. The hamburgers run about $11, including a side.

Our service was okay, not wonderful, but okay enough. They had a lot of extra staff (who used to be called "busboys") and as we watched the room, they seemed to be very good at clearing tables quickly.

I'm sure we'll be back :-)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were in Lincoln City for the weekend and Jack's Steaks N' Seafood was recommended to us by some locals. I am so glad we went because everything about our dining experience was amazing! This family owned and run restaurant makes you feel right at home. Doug greeted us when we walked in and Kait our waitress was so helpful and friendly. The food was by far the best meal I've had at the Oregon coast! We will be back for sure!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The place was well patronised by older local people, which we took as a good sign.The steaks we had were perfectly acceptable though not cheap and the service was fine. There is one good local beer amid the usual big-brewer junk.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting the coast for the weekend and decided to try this place as we have never been before. We will never be back. The food was ok but what we could not believe was how horrible/rude our waitress was! She was very short with us and kept complaining about something to do with her van. She must have been having a bad day and we were lucky enough to be the recipient of her attitude. She never checked back with us after we got our food(which was just average) and didn't refill our waters even though we asked several times. It was not a good experience for us. We like to visit Depoe bay quite often but will never eat their again. We recommend Tidal Raves a few miles south, they have great food and most importantly great service!