“We keep coming back”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I gave this restaurant a 5 star rating, not because it's the best food ever but because it is a place that we just keep coming back to time and again. Yes, the BBQ is really good, especially the sandwiches; pulled pork, the SOB and the version with bacon (really the best). The sandwiches are big (we usually split one), the sides are all good (well, maybe the beans are a little too sweet for me but my husband really likes them) and the owner is welcoming and the place is quirky and interesting.
We wouldn't go to Depoe Bay without eating there at least once and usually a couple of times.

1  Thank Diane D

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Solid Bar-B-Q joint. I had the pork sliders, which came with cole slaw, plus the potato salad and beans. Wife had the pulled pork sandwich. Competent, nicely done. I had the pie, afterwards. Peach. Skip the pie, as the filling is way too thick and not because of the fruit.

1  Thank polaris22
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I have been there several times and it's always good. BBQ isn't easy but Bonepile has got it figured out We stop by every time we're in town!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I must say, this is some of the best BBQ pork I've ever tasted. I'm especially a fan because the meats are local and fresh. The walls of memorabilia make for an entertaining atmosphere. You gotta add bacon to your sandwich, it's to die for. I'll return again and bring some friends.

2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a funky place inside. A visual treat of memorabilia line the walls. Pulled pork sandwiches are huge and delicious, especially if you smother with house barbecue sauce. I have not tried anything else here. I want to come try an outdoor barbecue in the summer, though. Sounds good and a lot of fun. But, if nothing else, go have a pulled pork sandwich and enjoy the food and atmosphere. Unique!