“Not What it Used To Be”
Review of Gracie's Sea Hag

Gracie's Sea Hag
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Locals have said it's under new management and have gotten quite a bit of negative feedback. We thought we'll try it and see. It was awful. Super dried out bread on the sandwich, clam chowder was inedible and service was nothing to brag about.
Will not be returning.

Reviewed 10 April 2008

We've visited the Oregon Coast for years, and every time we do, we make sure to stop at Gracie's Sea Hag for lunch or dinner. We love their piping hot chowder (with a pat of butter melting on top) and freshly baked Parmesan garlic bread. For dinner, they offer a variety of fresh seafood dishes that are wonderful. They have a wonderful homemade marionberry tart for dessert, too. Try eating here -- you'll like it!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 13 December 2007

great food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 10 August 2007

I've been to Gracie's Sea Hag several times, including a stop in last week. My parents love it - my Dad claims it has the best clam chowder in the world (and he doesn't normally like clam chowder). However, I think it's rather average. It's sort of dark on the inside and a little old fashion (which is probably why it appeals to those in my parent's age group 50+). Service isn't served with a smile - rather a bit of a huff and puff - but for some reason that fits with the style of the place. The clam chowder is good, but I've had better in New Hampshire. I've never thought the food was bad or good. Just simply average. They do keep your cup of coffee full - which is always a good touch on the cold and drizzly coast. I'm sure I'll be back with the parents sometime, but I'm going to push for them to try Tidel Raves next time (my favorite coastal restaurant).

Reviewed 23 June 2007

we had breakfast there one morning, we ordered the brat and eggs breakfast and the bacon eggs breakfast. overall, food great. bacon great, brat had great seasoning. generous portions of toast and hashbrowns. service was good, though our waiter was colorful, and a bit of a close talker. made us feel a tad uncomfortable. reasonable prices, small juice. slow refills on coffee. will definitely eat there again.