“Absolutely Wonderful!”
Review of Channel House

Channel House
Ranked #2 of 7 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the first second to the last second, we were absolutely impressed and satisfied. Everything is top notch.

The employees aim to please and are very helpful.

The room was immaculate and well furnished. The view was breathtaking. We stayed in the "Channel Watch" suite, I was really glad we chose this suite. It was beautiful inside and out. It had privacy. You were on a few feet away from the ocean. I love the ocean sounds and being able to open the balcony doors to listen to them was a big plus. The hot tub on the balcony was a great touch after a long day of exploring. We even enjoyed it one afternoon with the sun shinning, boats coming and going and of course champagne.

They are within walking distance of all things in the quaint little town of Depoe Bay. They are also really close to other cities/towns that offer good dining, shopping and exploring.

The breakfast was very good, well prepared and good choices. It is a "cold" breakfast, but the choices were very good and tasty, so we didn't mind that there were no "hot" choices.

We would gladly and most surely stay here again, if we can ever make it back to the area. The area is beautiful!!! I'm so glad I bought some of their room spray, because the smell at home now reminds me our wonderful time at The Channel House.

Thank you so much for helping to make our short time in Oregon a truly wonderful and amazing experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was glad choose Channel House for my hubby's birthday, and he also suprise the ocean view in front of our room.
We both argee it's a wonderful experience, although its price a little high.
But everything is worth in here, we look the ocean , listen the sound of wave, enjoy our hot tub and wine....does anything else can compare?

Room Tip: I won't tell :p
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in #12....Suite Salt Air....Got there Friday at 4:00 p.m. (Check in time) and was greeted by the staff and checked in promptly and showed our room and all its features....Privacy to the max...hot tub on the porch/deck overlooking the Bay and the Channel and what a great view it was....pounding surf, salt sprays....Wow!!. Wonderful bed, slept soundly and couldn't hear anyone else....got up at our leisure, had the hearty continental breakfast and met another couple staying there.....had a delightful conversation.....Great shops and restaurants within walking distance....we went to the Sea Hag for dinner on Friday night, Tidal Raves on Saturday night....Hit the hot tub.....really nice to be outside and listening to the surf!! On Sunday morning at breakfast, met a manager (Sarah) and had a great conversation with her and then again at checkout....Can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: We only stayed in Suite Salt Air....#12...King sized bed with sliding doors and a fireplace.....it w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Staying at Channel House was a fantastic experience. It's an amazing location--both for the view and for the stuff that's within walking distance. It was so nice and quiet. No one ever bothered us, but the staff were always there and happy to help when we needed something. Yes, it's a little spendy, but if you want the best the Oregon coast has to offer you have to be willing to splurge a tiny bit.

Room Tip: Room #5 has the very best view and the most privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Channel House for years. It was one of our favorite go-to places for special occasions. We hadn't visited in a number of years but recently went back. We were expecting the same. It wasn't. First the good: the view is still fabulous and the tempurpedic bed was terrific. The bad: the place had an air of deferred maintenance. Water leak stains, rust, and rotted wood. The room was okay clean, but not great. The grout in the bathroom was scary. I want my hotel room CLEAN. When there is junk along the baseboard carpet crease, that's a clear clue that I should keep my shoes on for the disgusting stuff I can't see. The cobwebs didn't improve things. The continental breakfast was disappointing, and I remember it being fabulous once upon a time. This is not a cheap place to stay. I would not recommend it and will not ever return.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a wonderful small hotel that is located right on the ocean. The difference in views, accommodations, is very different depending on which room you choose. We are staying in the Salt Air Suite today and find it very nice. The view from our room is spectacular and the room is large and comfortable. We have a very large patio that could easily hold 10 or more people if you want to entertain. I think we will make reservations for a week in September and invite lots of family to visit. Off season rates are much cheaper.

Room Tip: choose your room carefully
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After spending lots of time trying to find a place to stay, I decided to try the Channel House. It was more expensive than I was wanting to spend, but the website made it look fabulous, so I thought it would be worth it. Oh man, I was wrong! The staff was over-the-top with the tour, he literally showed us how to use the TV remote (on and off button), it made me feel like I was a child.
We stayed in the Whale Watcher Room (#3). Do not be fooled by the pictures on the website, there is a HUGE pole right in the middle of the view! If I was looking out the window and looked to the left, I would have a great view of the other people staying here. The tub on the balcony is not very private either (I am glad I brought a swim suit!!). As I was turning on the water, I looked down and saw another person taking sunset pictures and then they turned and looked up right at me-NO PRIVACY!
The bathroom is a joke. The shower is tiny, my husband barely fit in it. I felt a little claustrophobic while showering. Whenever you use the water, or anyone else around you, you would hear the water running very loudly for a few minutes after turning it off. It is annoyingly loud when it wakes you up in the middle of the night.
There is no microwave, plate ware, or silverware. Just overpriced wine, coffee, water, and semi-hard cookies. I had to eat left overs from a local place using coffee stirrers as chopsticks.
The "hearty continental breakfast" was something you would expect from some average hotel. Cereal, a few pastries, waffles, fruit (not even fresh fruit!), and Tillamook yogurt. I was hoping the breakfast would have made up for all the other little disappointments, but it just threw me over the top!
Considering the price we paid each night, I would think they would fix things wrong with the room. There were blinds that were cracked, a hole in the bathroom door, tub on the deck leaked, and worn bedding.
The housekeeping was mediocre. Some items were not replaced, there was some things not straightened up, and we didn't get new robes. I had to go down just before they closed the front desk and got some robes (they didn't even have the rope to keep them closed).
I can see this place being at the top of its game a few years ago, but you can clearly see that corners were being cut. This place can be so much more and has the potential to be excellent. I would recommend updating fixtures - allow for light dimming. Make the balconies more private. Provide a better breakfast. Until that happens, we will not be returning and pay the same price. For what it is now, I would say cut the price in half then it would be worth it!

Room Tip: Get a top floor so you have privacy on the balcony
2  Thank maria s
Inn at Arch Rock
Inn at Arch Rock
#3 of 7 in Depoe Bay
Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort

Been to Channel House? Share your experiences!