“Wonderful guide, great views!!”

Whale's Tail Charters
Ranked #10 of 16 things to do in Depoe Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Whale's Tail Charters is dedicated to ensuring that your time spent whale watching with us is the highlight of your vacation. Our boats provide passengers with the adventure of a lifetime through excellent customer service, seamanship, first class vessels, and highest possible safety standards. So sit back and enjoy as we take you on the ultimate whale watching adventure! Trips and Rates: 8:00am | 10:00am | 12:00pm | 2:00pm | 4:00pm Secure Online Booking 1 Hour $30.00 1 1/2 Hour $40.00
Boise, Idaho
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful guide, great views!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We took the hour and a half trip. They had to cancel the first one due to winds and choppy waters and unsafe conditions. But they were able to fit us in first thing the morning before we left. We saw quite a few spouts and a couple of gray whales about 50 feet out. Nothing up close, but you can't exactly predict nature. It was still an amazing trip!!

3 Thank EricaJerm

Las Vegas, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Grey whales right off the coast!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

A great zodiac tour. It was a little rainy. They had great raingear for my wife and family. We went at low tide which made the trip down to the dock an adventure in itself. Saw a grey whale within 10 minutes of riding out into the bay. Had a great time checking them out. Knowledgeable skipper. The only thing I'd do differently would be to go at high tide.

4 Thank vegas_tuna
York, NE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Whale's Tail (specifically Gary) is the best!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Gary with Whale's Tail. My family, with elderly grandmother with extreme mobility limitations, all took a tour last week. There were eight of us, so we split up and did it in two different groups. Both groups got awesome views of whales. On top of it, Gary went above and beyond not only to get my grandmother in and out of the boat so she could go on the tour but did everything he could to make her comfortable when sea sickness got the best of her. Thanks Gary for the experience of a lifetime for all of us but most especially for my grandmother who can't quit talking about it!

6 Thank Lindsey W
star
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The Most Incredible Experience of our trip!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is something that far exceeds any other tour or excursion we experienced during our coast mini-vacation. Well worth the $35 per person. We literally had over an hour of seeing a pair of grey whales playing and surfacing right next to our boat. And the boat ride itself was great too! Our skipper was knowledgable and made the experience all it could be. Don't miss out on this great excursion and wonderful company! ~ Angie, licenced travel agent

3 Thank angie n
Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Zodiac Whale Watching on the Oregon Coast”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I just saw this other review and thought it was pretty ridiculous. I've been on this boat at least 50 times and I have not seen whales maybe 5 times. That said, they are wild animals so they can't just make them appear. The captain has always been informative with the people I have seen on the boat and answers all the questions that people have had. I'll admit, he isn't the most bubbly guy, but his emphasis on safety and the comfort of his passengers is second to none. I have taken many friends and family on this boat and never heard a single complaint. I love it and will continue to be a faithful customer.

Visited May 2013