“Great Food, Exceptional Ocean View”
Review of Tidal Raves

Tidal Raves
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It has been a while since we tried Tidal Raves, but it was just as good as we remember. At some point the restaurant was renovated and seems much more open now. We enjoyed lunch with some friends. I had the Pan fried Rockfish that was outstanding!...a great presentation with a shrimp salsa (lots of shrimp) and over a smoked salmon-potato cake (wow…the smoked salmon in the potato cake was an amazing treat for the taste buds!). Our friends really enjoyed the fried oysters and fish tacos. A reservation is a good idea for lunch and I’m sure for dinner (I’d say it’s probably the best restaurant between Newport and Lincoln City). Lunch was very busy and we waited a while for our meals to be served with no feedback from our server, so I’d say the service didn’t match the food quality, but definitely a must if you are anywhere near Depoe Bay on the Central Oregon coast.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We are frequent visitors to Depoe Bay and each time we visit we make a point of enjoying at least one meal at Tidal Raves. Their wine list is extensive. The food ranges from comfort fish & chips to artisan choices. The Spinach Oyster Bisque Soup is stellar!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had lunch at TR two days in a row, and the service was slow both days. The food was really good in some cases but not exceptional - example the clam chowder was thin, and the decadent chocolate brownie desert was supposed to be heated but arrived cold and hard. I just figured that was how they wanted it. The view probably makes up for any weak spots in going there. I wonder if they're cruising on their reputation a bit?

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is by far the best restaurant on the Oregon Coast. Not only is the food delicious, the service is wonderful and the view is awesome. We make sure we eat here every time we vacation on the Oregon Coast. I highly recommend you try the Spinach Oyster Bisque soup. It is delicious. This time we also had the steamed clams in Black Butte Porter and loved them. The razor clam main course is beyond delightful and quite a large serving. This visit was made especially fun with two whales putting on a show in the bay just outside our window. There wine selection is wonderful and I always try something new. This place gets very busy so reservations are a must and be sure to request and be willing to wait for a window side table. I can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The food is good, the view is great and the service is attentive. The dish served was lukewarm, unfortunate!