“Nice stay”
Review of Trollers Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Depoe Bay
Trollers Lodge
Ranked #6 of 7 Depoe Bay B&B and Inns
Billings, Montana
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights in April 2013. Nice comfortable room. Within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and ocean. Would stay again if I find myself in the area again.

Only drawback is the kitchenette. There was a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and very small sink. Would have been nice if there had been a small stove or even a toaster oven so that we could have made breakfast. However overall experience was great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My son and I recently spent a weekend re-visiting some Oregon coast places I used to go to with my family long ago. Depoe Bay was always a special place for me. We reserved an inexpensive room at the Trollers Lodge and were glad we did. It is the classic Oregon coast motel. Very comfortable, well kept, and with lots of coastal character. If you are looking for a Motel 6 experience you likely won't appreciate the Trollers, but if you want authentic you'll love it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BDen
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I say surprisingly because the price was so low that I expected a small, dingy room. Well, we were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming older woman. She graciously showed us the room and we were immediately smitten by its charming appearance and cozy appeal. We were nearing the end of 6500 km road-trip so you can imagine that we stayed in everything from the most worn-out motels to brand new granite countered beauties. The Trollers Lodge, though small, was very clean and comfortable; the bed was certainly comfortable and the room was tastefully decorated in a "crafty" sort of way. The ambiance was clearly part of its' appeal. If you're looking for big and new, this isn't the place for you. The room we stayed in was small as was the bathroom; however, we knew this before paying for the room and were more than satisfied with our decision. In fact, we passed many hotels and motels before deciding to stop in and see the room. It was the Trollers Lodge quaint appearance that drew us in and the owners friendliness, along with the cleanliness and tastefulness of the room, that kept us. And where would we stay if we went back to Depoe Bay. Take a guess!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Van Buren, Missouri
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Two adult couples shared Suite #1 in early November 2012. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and shown to our suite. The suite was as described on the website and more than met our expectations The managers/owners were very pleasant and helpful and provided us with information on local attractions and dining. The buildings and grounds were well maintained.

My biggest concern was that I would be unhappy with the cookware, and I even brought a cast iron skillet with me, It was an unnecessary piece of equipment as their cookware was of equal quality to what I use at home. There was a nice assortment of stainless cookware, with the heavy bottoms that don't burn everything you put in them. I was expecting chipped and peeling nonstick cookware, and I was quite happy that my expectations were so far off! In addition, the kitchen was equipped with mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, plenty of dishes and glassware, a microwave, coffee maker, toaster, full-sized refrigerator and stove, and many other items you would expect to find in a home kitchen.

There were books in every room and a large selection of videos and dvds at the front desk to keep us entertained in the evenings. The decorations were cute with a seaside theme. (The price tags didn't bother me at all, and if my mother were still alive, I would have purchased some great gifts from her right from my room!)

We had a wonderful stay at a great price that didn't break our budget!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
crescent
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Wonderful location, Great Owners, Fair Value. Only complaint is that the coffee is profoundly Weak! We had 5 guests and attempted to make 6 cups of coffee- let me tell you, this does not work. My advice is to bring your own coffee. Thanks.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank mike e
Trollerslodge, Owner at Trollers Lodge, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
I have been chuckling over this one for too long. Our coffee is in 4-cup packets. It takes two packets to make more than 4 cups. Sorry this guest did not notice.
Rooms with 4-cup pots are set up with one packet; rooms with bigger pots have 2 packets.
We are now more emphatic in explaining this to our guests. We're always happy to give you more coffee packets. Just ask.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We had driven from Portland and were hungry and tired. We looked at places in Newport but then drove back to Depoe Bay. The motel is on a rise to the south of town. The place is very distinctive. The cabins and rooms are designed in an imaginary European style: I'm not sure which country they refer to. The rooms are charming; they are almost too twee but not quite. They are well-equiped. There are very comfy beds. Everything is bright and cheerful. We could only stay overnight as we had a booking the next day butt would have loved to. The host was charming and thoughtful. It has to be the only motel that supplies a bag of popcorn!! I really recommend this moderately priced place . And stay here not in Newport if you are passing through

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

I was skeptical about how great this place would be for the price we paid. We stayed in Suite 1. 104 bucks a night with a full kitchen. Well, the place is great. The suite isn't spacious but it's cozy. It works well for a family of four with a couple of little ones. There's no bathtub only a shower but again it works. The staff has been very accommodating. You can walk to town in less than five minutes. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012
#3 of 7 in Depoe Bay
Channel House
Channel House
#2 of 7 in Depoe Bay

Been to Trollers Lodge? Share your experiences!