We were passing through and planning on staying the night at Depoe Bay further down the highway, but when we caught sight of the crashing waves lit up through the storm at the Surfrider Resort, we had to stop in and were surpised by the reasonable price.
We stayed in a cozy and quiet room on the 2nd floor with the most spectacular view of the ocean from the balcony.
The resort may be older, but our room felt more rustic and charming than outdated. Our room and the entire property was very clean and well maintained.
Our only regret was that we weren't there for the sunset or more sunrises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfrider Resort is nestled atop a bluff overlooking Fogarty Creek and the Pacific Ocean, located just two miles north of Depoe Bay, between Lincoln City and Newport. While at the Surfrider, visit Depoe Bay, the world's "Smallest Harbor" and famous for whale watching. Reserve a trip for deep sea fishing, or visit Newport for the outstanding Oregon Coast Aquarium, 3 miles north for golfing, or simply take in the sights at the Surfrider where whales play, eagles soar, seals nap, and the sun sets over the ocean. We have banquet rooms that can hold up to 100 people. Weddings, birthdays and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Choice Hotels so you can book your Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfrider Resort Depoe Bay
- Surfrider Hotel Depoe Bay