We had our confirmation showing the room we had reserved, but somehow the reservation was entered incorrectly to the hotel's database. This caused the desk clerk to have a meltdown and become rude and disrespectful to us. Needless to say, our stay was not off to a good start. Once the hotel manager straightened things out, we headed off to our room. Over the next day we discovered the bathroom door very difficult to open from the inside, a toilet plunger with toilet paper on it placed right next to the toilet and mold on the shower curtain liner. One of the towel bars had some yellow greasy stuff on it, which was also on the towel that hung over the grease. The balcony access was strange and very noisy.
On a positive note, the staff (other than the desk clerk) were friendly, helpful and hardworking. Unfortunately, that will not be enough for us to want to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfrider Resort is nestled atop a bluff overlooking Fogarty Creek and the Pacific Ocean, located just two miles north of Depoe Bay, between Lincoln City and Newport. While at the Surfrider, visit Depoe Bay, the world's "Smallest Harbor" and famous for whale watching. Reserve a trip for deep sea fishing, or visit Newport for the outstanding Oregon Coast Aquarium, 3 miles north for golfing, or simply take in the sights at the Surfrider where whales play, eagles soar, seals nap, and the sun sets over the ocean. We have banquet rooms that can hold up to 100 people. Weddings, birthdays and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfrider Resort Depoe Bay
- Surfrider Hotel Depoe Bay