After spending a night in Lincoln City, we decided that the rare beautiful weather on the coast was reason enough to stay again. We found ourselves in Depot Bay, and called Surfrider after reading about it in my Fodor's book. It is nothing fancy, but it worked well for us. The woman at the desk made us several keys to go and check out the rooms in order to pick the one we wanted. She also gave us a good rate. Though we were on the bottom floor, the people above us were quiet, and we had a private balcony (we were in the first building). We enjoyed putting the kids to bed in the bedroom, then having space to watch tv in the evening. The pool was clean. The room was clean if a bit outdated- nothing grossed me out. The views were spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfrider Resort is nestled atop a bluff overlooking Fogarty Creek and the Pacific Ocean, located just two miles north of Depoe Bay, between Lincoln City and Newport. While at the Surfrider, visit Depoe Bay, the world's "Smallest Harbor" and famous for whale watching. Reserve a trip for deep sea fishing, or visit Newport for the outstanding Oregon Coast Aquarium, 3 miles north for golfing, or simply take in the sights at the Surfrider where whales play, eagles soar, seals nap, and the sun sets over the ocean. We have banquet rooms that can hold up to 100 people. Weddings, birthdays and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfrider Resort Depoe Bay
- Surfrider Hotel Depoe Bay