Depoe Bay and the Surfrider are good bet when traveling this section of the Oregon coast. Between Newport and Lincoln City it doesn't suffer from traffic or commercialism. The hotel/motel is located on a bluff overlloking a beautiful bay. The grounds and suite were very clean and well maintained. Our suite with a Queen bedroom and pullout sofa in the living area was a bit cramped. The WiFi worked but the signal was very weak. Our biggest complaint was the fact that being on the bottom floor we could hear every single step of the family above us. The construction of the building was obviously very poor. We asked to change to an upper floor but management told us we could not be accommodated. All in all not a bad choice, just make sure you reserve an upper floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfrider Resort is nestled atop a bluff overlooking Fogarty Creek and the Pacific Ocean, located just two miles north of Depoe Bay, between Lincoln City and Newport. While at the Surfrider, visit Depoe Bay, the world's "Smallest Harbor" and famous for whale watching. Reserve a trip for deep sea fishing, or visit Newport for the outstanding Oregon Coast Aquarium, 3 miles north for golfing, or simply take in the sights at the Surfrider where whales play, eagles soar, seals nap, and the sun sets over the ocean. We have banquet rooms that can hold up to 100 people. Weddings, birthdays and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfrider Resort Depoe Bay
- Surfrider Hotel Depoe Bay