“Great relaxing place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Detroit
Breitenbush Hot Springs
London, United Kingdom
“Great relaxing place”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Unfortunately we only had a day to spend at Breitenbush, but really enjoyed our time there. When we first arrived we were told that the day's entrance fee was "from $15 - $30" depending on what we thought we should pay! Being on pensions we decided on $25 per person. Thereon after we were free to explore the whole site, We spent a good deal of time in the different hot springs and the cold water plunge pool. Everyone we met was very friendly and some time was spent sitting in a hot spring with a Washington resident planning the next part of our NWP motoring trip. One thing to point out is that clothing is optional in the hot springs so if you find nudity off-putting, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

The only disappointment during our day was the evening meal. Although the food was plentiful and undoubtedly nourishing we both found it all somewhat bland. Other than that we had a great day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Located on the perfect site, Breitenbush Hot Springs has exactly the ambiance needed to make you feel relaxed. The cottages are comfortable and the staff friendly. The various outbuildings, vegetarian dining and hot springs make this an annually satisfying destination.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank djwgilroy
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stopped here on tr recommendation of a bike shop in Bend. It's off the beaten path and worth it. There are multiple hot springs to enjoy. The highlight is a sauna built over a 190 degree spring; it has a cold water tub outside and a cold water hose inside. We just had a day pass but the lodge and tents looked nice. Clothing is optional.

• Stayed August 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been coming to Breitenbush hot springs every year for the past 10 years and I always leave wishing that my stay could be longer. The cabins are rustic and very comfortable, but in the summer I prefer to camp, which is a very economical option. The lithium in the warm spring waters melts your tension away quickly. Top it off with a massage (some massage rooms have a window that opens up to the sound of the Breitenbush river) and you are in heaven. The organic vegetarian meals are healthy and very delicious. Other things to do include hikes along the river and old growth forest, scheduled workshops, reading a book in the library or outside, or participating in the free wellness & educational programs (includes things like yoga, edgu, history talks etc.). This is a place of respect and acceptance...for other people and yourself, for the land and for the resources. Clothing is optional at the hot springs only (most enjoy the sunshine and springs au naturel). There are no TVs, radios, computers or cell phones, which allows you to leave the worries and cares of life behind. No drugs or alcohol are allowed...just a healthy place to connect with yourself and with others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Smilelady13
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I have taken our family to Breitenbush for about 7 years now. It really is the most amazing place. You feel like you can leave all worries behind. The cabins are so cute and rustic. You can sit in the hot springs forever. There are hiking trails all over. It is beautiful in the summer and winter. We have been taking our kids for the past couple Thanksgivings, and that is a really beautiful, special and connecting time. We love it there, everyone should go and enjoy the beauty there.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JennMomof3
Mendocino County, Ca
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Loved everything about Breitenbush Hot Springs! Arrived early for a scheduled workshop and took the time to do a walking tour of the property. Beautiful! Well maintained gardens, beautiful old lodge that was maticulously clean, cabins tucked under the trees were simple but clean, tubs are cleaned daily (clothing is optional), absolutely wonderful food buffet 3 x a day! Massage was truly one of my favorites ever! Several other buildings were available for workshops or if empty, a good place to meditate, do yoga or tai chi. There are also free classes or events offered throughout the day by staff. All the hiking trails around the area are maintained and well-marked. Owner-operated and my impression of the owners/staff were that they happy to be there, pleasant to work with and extremely helpful. This was my first visit but not the last! Go....you'll be happy you did!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I'm in Portland, Or., with my boyfriend visiting his family.
We normally stay local, but this trip I wanted to do a little sightseeing or exploring.
I have always wanted to go to a Hot Springs in the US. I've only been to the ones in Colombia, SA. I did a search and found other Trip Advisors comments about Breitenbush. They were spot on. It's very naturally and some folks do go nude.
I would add that if you decide to drive from Portland, it's a good 2.5 hr drive. Make sure you make your reservations ahead of time. I called on Sunday for a Monday day pass. They go by honor system. You can pay from $15 to $28 per person. They offer lunch or dinner. We did lunch for $12 each. It was completely delicious and healthy. We left Portland at 930 an and stopped in Salem for gas. I would also recommend leave w a full tank from Portland or get gas way before you get to Detroit. There is almost no gas stations in Detroit.
The drive is BEAUTIFUL. So green, and when you get closer you see a huge Dam. The Detroit Dam. We stopped on the way back for pictures. That was a nice plus to our day trip.
Let me tell you about Breitenbush. The camp ground is an average size,not too big and not too small. The hot springs are hot. The near pool was at 101degrees, the second at 105 and the third at 106. Everyone is friendly and nice. This is definitely a day trip.

Mpt

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Breitenbush Hot Springs? Share your experiences!