“Breitenbush is a heavenly retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Detroit
Breitenbush Hot Springs
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My partner and I spent a few nights at Breteinbush last summer. The cabins are spartan but the property is amazing. The warm springs are fantastic. One night we stayed in the silent pool at sunset until nightfall listening to nature. This was a magical experience. The no alcohol policy on the property is a way to ensure that guests are quiet and respectful of others at all times. Such a wonderful stay. We would love to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank french_guy_in_NYC

Reviewed 11 May 2014

First trip to Breitenbush, traveled with my 26 year old daughter. Rented a basic cabin with no toilet, and rented our bedding also. Actually had no idea what I was getting myself into before arriving, just decided to relax & enjoy some new things in my life. Loved the fact that the place is off the grid by supplying their on electrical from a Hydroelectric plant and heat from Geothermal energy. Being a non-vegetarian was no problem at all; the food was outstanding for all three buffet style meals daily. Activities included, hot springs, sauna, yoga, massages, music, hiking, the Inipi Ceremony was wonderful and done in a very respectful manner by the water pourer and the firekeeper.
If you’re looking for a resort to pamper your every wish, this is not the place for you. Any issues with nudity need to be worked out before you decide to make the trip, my daughter and I had no problems, we just told each other which set of pools we were going to so the other did not wander into a weird situation.
Having no access to cell phones or the internet was a blessing I did not know I needed so bad, “Thank you Breitenbush”.
Cannot say I understand/agree with the co-op, community lifestyle that Breitenbush has established. I just told myself I was here to relax & enjoy, not sit around and discuss my understanding of a community versus someone else’s understanding of community.
Overall my experience was one of outstanding relaxing peaceful time surrounded by the most beautiful country in all of America, except back home in Texas.
Will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I choose cabins fartherest away from lodge, that way no one walks by your cabin on their way to wher...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Rickyellis
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This place has no internet, no phones, no TV, and very old school. Bring a good book, or find one in the library. Soak in several hot tubs or a take a sauna. The food is amazing, organic and vegetarian. There are miles of hiking trails, monthly sweat lodge, daily yoga classes and so much more. Bring your own bedding, towels and coffee and just relax. It's the most amazing thing you can do for yourself.

Room Tip: The rooms are geothermal cabins and very basic. Get a room with a toilet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank captbecway
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Unfortunately we only had a day to spend at Breitenbush, but really enjoyed our time there. When we first arrived we were told that the day's entrance fee was "from $15 - $30" depending on what we thought we should pay! Being on pensions we decided on $25 per person. Thereon after we were free to explore the whole site, We spent a good deal of time in the different hot springs and the cold water plunge pool. Everyone we met was very friendly and some time was spent sitting in a hot spring with a Washington resident planning the next part of our NWP motoring trip. One thing to point out is that clothing is optional in the hot springs so if you find nudity off-putting, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

The only disappointment during our day was the evening meal. Although the food was plentiful and undoubtedly nourishing we both found it all somewhat bland. Other than that we had a great day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Located on the perfect site, Breitenbush Hot Springs has exactly the ambiance needed to make you feel relaxed. The cottages are comfortable and the staff friendly. The various outbuildings, vegetarian dining and hot springs make this an annually satisfying destination.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank djwgilroy
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stopped here on tr recommendation of a bike shop in Bend. It's off the beaten path and worth it. There are multiple hot springs to enjoy. The highlight is a sauna built over a 190 degree spring; it has a cold water tub outside and a cold water hose inside. We just had a day pass but the lodge and tents looked nice. Clothing is optional.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been coming to Breitenbush hot springs every year for the past 10 years and I always leave wishing that my stay could be longer. The cabins are rustic and very comfortable, but in the summer I prefer to camp, which is a very economical option. The lithium in the warm spring waters melts your tension away quickly. Top it off with a massage (some massage rooms have a window that opens up to the sound of the Breitenbush river) and you are in heaven. The organic vegetarian meals are healthy and very delicious. Other things to do include hikes along the river and old growth forest, scheduled workshops, reading a book in the library or outside, or participating in the free wellness & educational programs (includes things like yoga, edgu, history talks etc.). This is a place of respect and acceptance...for other people and yourself, for the land and for the resources. Clothing is optional at the hot springs only (most enjoy the sunshine and springs au naturel). There are no TVs, radios, computers or cell phones, which allows you to leave the worries and cares of life behind. No drugs or alcohol are allowed...just a healthy place to connect with yourself and with others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Smilelady13

Been to Breitenbush Hot Springs? Share your experiences!