“NEVER!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diamond Lake
Diamond Lake RV Park
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place made my skin crawl the moment I drove in to visit my family for dinner (they were staying for 5 nights). I was there with my parents ( we were camping down the street) when a man came sprinting at my car screaming at the top of his lungs. I had my window rolled up so I stopped and asked if he was yelling at me. To which he put his head in my window and yelled that I hadn't paid a visiting fee. We'll, it was 7pm, no one was in sight and there were no signs etc. He procceeded to scream at me to know their space#. I didn't know, we just arrived. I was looking for a familiar car. That wasn't okay and he wouldn't take that as good enough. He continued to berate me for another 5 minutes and I was visibly fightened at this point. I have never felt more physically threatened or more demeaned my a raving( red faced and possibly drunk) madman. I felt as though he was looking for me to bow down and kiss his feet because he was a man and HE ruled here. My parents explained that we had food to drop off. But he said we had to park ( could stay no longer than an hour) and carry everything from our car to them from there. I drove off shaking. And decided to find their spot first before parking. As soon as I did that he was there in his golf cart screaming again. Inches from my face. We did NOTHING to deserve a fraction of this treatment. I found out he had already screamed at my younger sister for not putting her dog on a leash before exiting the car when they arrived earlier (they have a small sweet dog that would never be a problem). I was going to drop my parents and drive away, but when he arrived to scare me straight, I walked away. My brother in law took my car to park it and address the managers attitude. When he returned he announced that we had been kicked out. It was 8 by then and we had to load everything up. ( no dinner now). And drive around until we could find another spot ( 4th of July weekend) ugh! No returns, no compensation. Just the worst experience ever! The manager here needs a huge kick. I can't express enough how angry and disappointed we all felt. Our neighbors came over and told us they were screamed at earlier too. The manager kept speeding his cart by us glaring as we packed up, my poor sister tried to talk to him only to be sped past in total disregard. NEVER stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
34  Thank Heather W
There are newer reviews for Diamond Lake RV Park

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great place to stay. Full hookups with 50 amps. Pull throughs with shade trees but plenty of room for slides and awnings. Very nice people. Diamond Lake is across the road. Would stay here again. About 17 miles to west entrance to Crater. Good little pizza place in walking distance. Love this place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charleen J
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a very bad experience again at Diamond Lake RV Park. My one daughter booked a site with her husband and before she had even exited her vehicle was screamed at to put her little dog on a leash and leave her on a short rope throughout her stay. When my other daughter went to visit her for dinner there she was berated, belittled and demeaned by the host shouting, '"What site are you headed to?" And when she replied we didn't know the number but knew where it was located and knew the truck and trailer, she was constantly verbally threatened and had this imposing body over her making it clear HIS rules and HIS say-so would be followed. He yelled at her for a full five minutes and then told her she had to park in visitor's parking and had to walk over and was only allowed one hour to visit. We agree,d but he followed us all the way to the campsite and continued to badger my other daughter's husband and finally demanded he leave with his trailer because we were not bending over backwards and kowtowing to his wishes meekly. Mind you he was paid up to stay there and was not given a refund!! It was a very bad experience, one we will never repeat!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
17  Thank 414ch
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Update to my post as JL3CDACRES (sorry if this is a repeat story but our original post was somehow posted under an old unused facebook account and will probably be deleted soon)
Let me say that this RV park is beautful, well taken care of and clean. I give this a "poor" rating instead of a "terrible" rating only because of this.
I have fallen in love with the Diamond Lake resort area and I would love to stay at this RV park again, but will not go there or recommend anyone stay here unless there is a change in management.
A couple of negatives before we even arrived. You pay a base fee and then more $$ per person if you have more than 2 persons. Adults are more than children; I think $5 per extra adult and $1 per child. Then you can't arrive after 8:00 pm (Say what??? What about travelers who have a long distance and can't get off work in time?????).
We saw the negative reviews as well as some positive, but our son wanted to go very badly so he could see his favorite cousins that work at the resort, so we took a chance.
When we arrived we were "escorted" to our camp site. No problem, it's kind of nice so you aren't hunting for your spot in an unfamiliar area. But, the manager and that poor man identified as a new employee, were trying to tell us how to back into the camp spot.The directions given by the manager were completely wrong and would have put our bumper-pull trailer and truck in a bind. We haul stock trailers and the camp trailer quite regularly and we have backed them both into some very tight spots. We know what we are doing.
My husband just ignored the manager and backed in properly. He yelled at us and the new employee the whole time we were backing in. We got the trailer in just fine doing what we know how to do. Then the two neighbors that came in just after us were improperly instructed and it took them several tries to get backed in.They just waited for the manager to leave and repositioned their trailers. The man yelled at them as well. It was a camp joke between us and the neighbors about how we all need parking instructions because we have not a clue how to drive our trailers.....LOL!!!!
Then it just got worse from there. I had arranged for our kid's vehicle to be paid for up front as they were arriving the next night and it would be after 8:00 pm. There was much discussion as the price changes depending on how many people are in the camp per night. Ours was changing each night as with work schedules were were "camping in shifts" through the holiday weekend. I was never told that this vehicle could not be parked in the camp site (it is in the brochure, but we did not read that except the rules about pets because we had a small dog with us).
I believed that because the vehicle would only be there for one night and late at night as well as leaving the next afternoon that it could be parked at our site. Our kids were not "visitors", but paid campers as we had paid for the vehicle AND for our children to be staying in the site. We honestly believed we were doing the right thing as I had read the reviews and knew that the management were sticklers for the rules. We are good people!!!
The bad side of this story is that we got awakened early in the morning by a loud banging on the door and being told to get our vehicle moved to visitor parking. I was in my nightshirt only and had only opened the door about an inch. I closed the door and as a normal trailer door, it closed with a bang. I was accused of "slamming" the door in the managers face (kind of hard to "slam" the door if only open an inch!!). He left and returned less then five minutes later and was banging loudly on the door again and yelling at us that we knew the rules and had been told we could not park the vehicle there. I tried to explain to him that we believed we had paid the extra vehicle fee and thought it could be parked there (like any other campground we have been in - if the vehicles are off the roadway and in the parking area of the site then you could have two) and that he was not present when I paid and discussed the "camping in shifts" situation we had going. He continued to yell at us that we knew the rules and had been told where to park. We were told to get out with the manager using foul language. Our children are teens (19 & 17), but there were young children in the neighboring trailer a very short distance away, as well as a baby, that I am sure heard the yelling going on.
My husband went to the office to see about a refund and the manager was outside the office. He told my husband that it would not do him any good to go in there. My husband just ignored him and proceeded in and asked for a refund because we had been told to leave. The manager came in and continued to yell at my husband about us not following the rules and getting a door slammed in his face. My husband very calmly told the manager that it was a misunderstanding and not on purpose. The managers response was, "the rules are the rules".
As we were packing up our camp the manager continued to drive by in his cart several times staring at my husband as he worked to get the trailer readied to leave.
We found a campsite that had been vacated in the US Forest campground down the road. It was a beautiful site, right by the lake. We did not have power or water hookups, but we had a nice STRESSLESS evening in that campground. I think we will look back on this a laugh at the time we got kicked out of a RV park. We are not partiers or drinkers. We are good Christian people. We believe in being honest and following the rules. If any of you potential campers actually met us, you would laugh at the absurdity of the punishment. The whole thing is just so comical. This man being so angry just because of a vehicle being parked in the wrong spot.

Room Tip: the W loop is in the back and very quiet. You can walk through the small amount of trees oo the mai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
24  Thank Carrie D
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Our 'experience' started when we called for a reservation. Since there wasn't a good map on their website for the sites, we trusted them to give us the best one available, requesting the quietest and largest one they had available.
They made it very clear that we needed to be there before sunset or they would not let us in.
We checked in and was escorted to a tiny crowded site by a loudmouth gentleman who we could barely understand. After seeing the tiny site only 8' from our neighbor, we asked if we could have another site and was quickly told no. We hooked up our trailer and started to put our canopy up, only to hear a very loud baratone voice from the street yell "NO TENTS ALLOWED". He didn't even have the courtesy to get off his little cart and walk over, so everyone around us heard. We told him it was not a tent, but just had two sides you could put down in case of wind. He yelled again, "keep the sides up". GEEEZ
Then a little while later, we started our campfire. It only had three little pieces of store-bought wood in it. We went into our trailer (door was only 10' from campfire) to pour a glass of wine to sit by the fire when there was a loud knock on our trailer and a loud baratone voice say "monitor your campfire". Golly, we had only been there less than an hour...what's the rest of our stay going to be like?
We saw six other campsites that were vacant that we would have liked, but they told us they save those for larger RV's just in case they come in. They are all the same price. Because they would not allow us to move, we asked for our $$ back and wanted to leave, but there are no refunds.
My husband and I are usually very congenial folks, but our experience here was horrible.
DON'T STAY HERE!!!!
They did have nice clean showers........I can say that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
25  Thank C T
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We camped here in two motorhomes on our trip home from the Oregon Coast. The staff was very uptight and couldn't wait to tell us about all of the rules and how we'd be thrown out immediately if we broke any of them. The park was OK but no ammenities. (No Pool, No Cable TV) The WiFi was terrible!
I would not stay here again unless I was forced to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Ramzfan2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This review is for the RV park across from the pizza place at the south end of the lake. We stayed here a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. This was our first experience with a private RV park and it was nice. Our spot was pretty big and somewhat private. We were met at the gate and escorted to our site. To my surprise our escort assisted my husband with backing in our large 5th wheel. As this is only our 4th time out with our "new to us" RV I was very happy to let someone else have those honors. The staff was very friendly, the restrooms clean and overall it was a pleasant experience. We were not able to have campfires due to the extreme fire conditions but were pleased to be able to rent DVD's for $1 at the office. The area is very pretty. We visited the Rogue River Gorge and Natural Bridge and spent a day exploring Crater Lake. The 11-mile bike ride around the lake was beautiful, easy and enjoyable. On the downside, the fishing was tough. Since the water was warm and there was an algae bloom the fish were hard to find. I would recommend staying at the RV park if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Idleyld Park
Dawson House Lodge
Dawson House Lodge
#2 of 2 in Chemult

Been to Diamond Lake RV Park? Share your experiences!