“Convenient location and good value”
Review of Inn at Red Hills

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dundee
Inn at Red Hills
Ranked #5 of 5 Dundee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel has a modern design. The rooms are very spacious, lots of large windows, comfy bed and pillows. The same price or even less expensive than local B&Bs, with better accommodations in huge rooms and bathrooms. Anthony at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Restaurant serves incredible food and delivers room service if requested. We will stay here again. Be sure to ask for a room on the non-highway side of the building. We slept with the windows open, so highway noise was not a problem on the west side of the building.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joseph B, General Manager at Inn at Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear MBarb10,
Thank you for the great review and for your recent stay with us! We are glad you appreciate the good value we offer and that you enjoyed your room.
Yes, we do deliver food from our restaurant to the rooms. It is a relatively new addition to the property that we are able to do room service, and we are glad you took part!
We would look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Joe B.
Innkeeper

There are newer reviews for Inn at Red Hills

Reviewed 13 October 2013

A friend and I just returned from a trip to Willamette and stayed at the Inn at Red Hills.

The Pros:
1. The room was spacious and comfortable.
2. The bed was comfortable, though I didn't play much with the controls.
3. The hotel was centrally located and easily accessible to all areas

The Cons:
1. The hotel is directly off a main highway/route and there's definitely noise. While the hotel will tell you the noise dies down around 8 pm, they fail to mention that it starts back up around 4:30-5AM. We asked to switch to the non-highway side of the hotel when we arrived, but all of their 2-queen bed rooms are on the highway side.
2. We found several long hairs on the shower wall and men's beard shavings all over the vanity in the bathroom. We told them about it the next morning, and came back to a still not properly cleaned bathroom.
3. As a coffee drinker, I've become accustomed to having an in-room coffee maker when I stay in hotels. They don't have that, but serve coffee at 6:30AM on the landing. No sweeteners were offered and it tasted burnt at 7 AM.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carrie W
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was, by far, the second worst hotel experience of our lives. #1 checked in at 3:15 p.m. While my husband went down for the bags I went to tv for news. I picked up the channel guide only to get dripping coffee on my clothes, there was no "what's playing" channel on the televisin. While I was fussing with it, in walks the maid with towels, without knocking first, saying "oh I didn't know anyone had checked in, I'm leaving these towels and will be back with a washcloth" The desk attendant came by with the wine tasting tickets - I offered her the wet channel guide which she took without comment returning it later washed off. I then asked her about dining in the area as their information book only listed restaurants without mention of cuisine type or menus. She handed us a "walk about Dundee map" and left. Should I mention there was already one of these in the room. And then there's the construction noise of drills, etc. below us. We phoned down and were told there was construction going on for a new wine bar downstairs and it should stop at 5:00 p.m. There went the nap (this after stressful morning of tests at VA hospital in OR) and no mention of reducing the room rate due to the inconvenience - of course we weren't told during phone reservation this was going on or we would not have made the reservation in the first place. Bath sink wouldn't drain, toilet handle, not the original, too small, installed wrong and extremely hard to flush. My husband went down to ask about possible coffee shop in area and while he was inquiring phone rang. Amanda took the call and continued with it without putting caller on hold to finish conversation with my husband. There are no amenities at this hotel other than they leave a $47 bottle of wine in room you may purchase. Water $5/bottle. The staff is rude, not knowledgeable and could care less for guest comforts. Maybe after wine tours everyone else is to imbibed to notice these things, we however weren't. Overpriced bed in a wine bar. Never, never, never again. Wow, they do leave a carafe of coffee on a table near the elevator in the morning if you want to dress first and get it yourself. Horrible experience, horrible. The carpeting everywhere looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a couple of days.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phyllis501
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to Willamette Valley in Sept 2013 for the purpose of wine tasting. We normally stay at a country B&B for this type of trip; however, we were unable to find vacancy at B&Bs that had an ensuite. We were very happy to find that the Inn at Red Hills had vacancy. Inn at Red Hills was a very new, modern yet warm property. The rooms were well decorated, had high ceilings, and were spotless. The bathroom had a large shower and modern decor/fixtures. The Inn was in Dundee; walking distance from several very nice restaurants that featured wonderful wine lists. The hotel's restaurant is an example of one of these restaurants. The location was also extremely well located for exploring Willamette Valley wineries. The hotel has a small desk outside the restaurant where they great guests. The desk was attended 24x7 except for Mon and Tues after 2am. The staff checking us in were friendly and made sure we found our room because there are multiple entry points depending on your room location. If you choose to stay here and are not used to living in town, ask for a room on the parking lot side so you hear no road noise. We live in the country (can't even get a pizza delivered to our house), but the traffic noise didn't bother us. Parking is ample here; you don't have to worry about finding parking. Beds were "sleep number" beds and were comfortable. However, I would recommend that the hotel replace these "sleep number" beds with a normal pillow top mattresses when they wear out because sometimes the remote was not very responsive and portions of the digital display was not working. Sill a good night's sleep. The only down side to our stay was a single interaction with someone at the desk. My husband went to the desk late on a Monday afternoon to ask for a few $5s in return for a larger bill so we could tip the hotel staff. The lady at the desk said, "No. We are not the bank. The bank is next door." Given that this is a ~$200/night Inn, that was not the response he was expecting. So, my husband went to the property's restaurant to ask for change. He was pleasantly greeted by a manager who did provide him change and said he would address the issue my husband experienced at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We needed a place to stay because we were going to a wine dinner at one of the local wineries and we didn't want to drive back to Portland. We only stayed one night but we had a great experience. The service was excellent-fast, friendly check in, help with wine glasses for the room (there were 6 of us staying in 3 rooms), etc. The room was lovely -sitting area, great shower/bathroom, very nice bed. You don't stay here for the view--we looked over the parking lot and the other side of the hotel faces Highway 99. That is not why we stayed there though--super convenient location for Oregon wine country, walking distance to a number of things, and a very nice restaurant associated with the hotel. Oh, and lots of parking-sweet.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the parking lot are probably quieter than the ones facing the road--just a...
Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have been reading the reviews of the Inn at Red Hills and I don't get it??? We are checking out today and everything was perfect. I guess if you provide a forum, some people have to find something to complain about. Four of us traveled and stayed at the Inn at Red Hills for 4 nights and I can't find one thing to complain about. Oh wait, I had trouble choosing a parking place in the ample parking lot and Anna at the quaint check in desk was way too accommodating and helpful...they didn't needed to walk us to the elevator they could have just written our room numbers down on a map and pointed. Oh, and the room, where did they get those comfortable beds? I am used to sleeping on a mattress that is like a covered sheet of plywood and gasp....it is a sin to choose your own sleep number to make it comfortable. Our room faced 99W and oh my, my cell phone made more noise except when I opened the windows but that fresh air made me close them quickly. To top things off, someone had the nerve to put fresh coffee and cream in the hallway each and every morning for us. The most absolute worst situation we had....this place is so conveniently located you can take a short walk to Tina's, Dundee Market, Dundee Bistro, Argyle and a pluthera of tasting rooms. I just hate that. Wait, two beds and a sitting room in the same room. Now that I think about it, I am writing a letter to complain about too much room in my room.
Seriously, our stay was wonderful. We walked to Dinner and wine tastings in Dundee, we explored All the wineries we could fit in and we had a perfect stay at the Inn at Red Hills. Anna and the staff were perfect.....I guess our stay was PERFECT.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank COparrotheads
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Room was exceptionally clean and nicely furnished. The only issue we had was the sleep number bed was particularly uncomfortable and kept making noises throughout the night. They were nice enough to credit a bill. Good customer service. Would definitely stay here again, provided they offer more comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Best option for location. For couples, opt for a room that doesn't have a bathroom connecting ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Best Western Newberg Inn
La Bastide Bed & Breakfast
3rd Street Flats
3rd Street Flats
#1 of 2 in McMinnville

Been to Inn at Red Hills? Share your experiences!