“Wonderful time!”
Review of Oregon Wine Tours

Oregon Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small, personalized wine tours in the Northern Willamette Valley of Oregon. Our tours focus on the boutique wineries and those which demonstrate their passion. Every tour is private and personalized to match what each individual group wants to experience. Ultimately I sincerely want to create the best possible wine tasting experience for you that I possibly can.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We chose Ron from reviews we'd read and were not disappointed! We were a group of 5 (one of us a visiting Aussie) and Ron treated us to a great day. We visited 4 wineries and, even though it was a miserable day weather-wise, Ron kept the day bright for us. He is very knowledgeable about the wine industry and is a home vintner himself. We had great conversations with him.

Two of the wineries were beautiful but their wines were out of our price range, so you might want to mention to Ron if you have a price point.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Ron was the perfect host this past weekend to 8 women who were in the valley for a wine tour. His depth of knowledge about the area and wines, his willingness to teach and help in any way, and his all around calm demeanor made the whole thing such a pleasure. I would definitely hire Ron the next time. Superior service!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ron planned out a fabulous day tour for our group of family and friends, which far surpassed my expectations. I think that it is his knowledge of the area, the wines, and the wineries that made the tour exceptional. I look forward to going on another tour led by Ron. I so appreciate how he shared his passion for Oregon wines and wine country! Ron was also professional, on time, and he timed the pace of the tour and timing to stop for lunch very well.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I selected Ron because of his experience & qualifications, rather than getting a tour out of Portland with a guide who was basically just a driver. Ron did not disappoint--he gave us a fabulous informative tour that was exactly what we wanted. He really knows his stuff and is good at imparting it. And we tasted great wines.

I am a great fan of good Burgundies and was somewhat skeptical of the quality of Oregon Pinots Noirs. Not that they were bad mind you, but the ones I had tasted were just not all that great. Well, Ron set me straight on that. He took us to four wineries that had fabulous pinots as well as some intriguing whites and rosés. And his fee is more than reasonable.

The restaurant Ron recommended in Newburg (Recipes) was also excellent and we got to taste another great older pinot noir from a winery Ron had mentioned. Our only disappointment was the inability to bring more than four bottles of wine back to Canada because of British Columbia's archaic laws.

2  Thank Dena_Cho
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We purchase at the case level and are very passionate about finding unique wines on these expeditions. Ron asked all the right questions and made me feel very comfortable on the phone. I immediately knew we would be in very capable, professional hands. I won't say more than this because if you make the same call, you'll know yourself. All of the glowing things you've read thus far about his credentials, professionalism, passion and punctuality are true, but Ron is so much more than that. The rest is up to you to discover.

Ron put together an exceptional day for us that so far exceeded our expectations, it's difficult to articulate. We met warm, lovely people, drank truly amazing wine and had an experience that we will never forget. No pretense involved, just great Oregon wines showcased by a man who cares about his community and is clearly a treasure to everyone in it. You will feel among friends and you will make some new ones.

We spent 16 wonderful days touring the entire state of Oregon and our day with Ron stands out as the best. No matter what your level of experience or interest in wine, he will make you feel comfortable and take care of you like family.

1  Thank shttrbug