“Sunday, funday”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW 7th Street
Description: Tinas opened in October 1991. The restaurant, which seats 55 guests, has a comfortable bar, and the two intimate dining rooms are divided by a fireplace. Like many of our fellow chefs, we believe that the best food is organically grown. Our search for these foods led us out of the city and into the countryside where we work closely with a great group of farmers. We're closer to the source of what goes onto your plate, and we believe that the opportunity to cook in a wine growing region lends our food a context and flavor and experience that is unbeatable. The menu is based on the foods that our farmer/neighbors grow: seasonal, and regional. Most of the wines that we feature come from just down the road. We are committed to using the best ingredients, and our menu changes as we move through the seasons of the year. Under New Ownership since June 13, 2015, Tina's continues to be a Wine Country Standard, not to be missed. Long time, veteran employees Dwight McFaddin (22yrs), and Michael Stiller (14 years) and their wives have re-energized the Restaurant and have lured back Chef Norma Buchholz (6 yrs) to create a new environment based on all that is best about Tina's and the Wine Country of Yamhill County.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Nothing bad to say at all. They were even nice enough to let us in early, as the hours we found were incorrect. Dwight and Cassie were super sweet to do so, and we sat at the bar as they finished prep to open. Had cocktails at the bar, and stayed there to eat. Great pan fried oysters, liver mousse, and HUGE prawn cocktail. Then on to the vegan tamales and duck breast dinners. Potato leek soup and a nice green salad. WOW.
Thanks again for your kindness, and fantastic food.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Went for lunch and it was freezing inside. They must have not wanted to turn the heat on. My whole group was forced to keep their bulky coats on. The service wasn't good at all. The waitress didn't know the menu (past or present) , wasn't friendly and seemed uncomfortable the whole time serving us. That resulted in a less than comfortable environment . The food was okay. I got the fish tacos which were loaded with bones. It was embarrassing having to pick so many out of my mouth. Someone else in my group got the grilled veggie sandwich which was dripping with an excess of oil. I will say that the one good thing was their oysters. Breaded and cooked to perfection. Anyways, probably would never go again. I would suggest going to the a Cuvée in Carlton vs. this freezing lackluster place.

1  Thank Angeliachristine
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My salmon spring rolls&spicy hazelnut cherry sauce was perfection. The Pinot Gris I chose was equally delightful. This restaurant is truly a gem;great food,great atmosphere,and great prices. (My order got dropped by the waitress or kitchen,not sure who,but was acknowledged by waitstaff&kitchen&mgmt,and apologized for, and more than made up for with gift certificates.)

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had dinner at Tina's recently. I had good soup and salad and excellent salmon. The wine list was filled with wonderful local wines. The service was good and we had a nice table near the window. I wanted to go back, but ran out of time.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I decided to try Tina's for dinner after doing some wine tasting. We knew prior that it was going to be a little spendy, but it was worth it. The cocktails were perfect; my husband had an Old Fashioned, I had a French 75. The Corn Soup was outstanding! I would love to have the recipe! They were also helpful in knowing which entree's were safe for being Gluten Free. It is a dinner worth saving up for!