“Wow! Amazing... Hidden treasure.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elkton
The Big K Guest Ranch and Outfitters
Ranked #2 of 2 Elkton B&B and Inns
Washington
“Wow! Amazing... Hidden treasure.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have visited Big K, four times within the last 18 months and we LOVE IT! We usually take advantage of the bird hunting preserve. Fog, rain, and warm sunny days make the course all the more fun and challenging for the dogs, birds, and hunters. The staff...are awesome. Cathy, Linda, Leslie, Tammy, and Dwayne to name a few. New editions this year are Leah and Kevin. It is a family business and you feel like family... Cell service is sporadic BUT that's the best part. You have to go and experience it yourself!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank GracieHart

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Every two years, the Stearns family holds a reunion so that the extended family doesn't lose contact with one another. So far, we've met in 9 different States and this year 47 of us (ages 6mos to 85) met at the Big K Ranch in Elton, OR. We couldn't have chosen a more beautiful location or more hospitable staff. Not only does the Big K have a plethora of activities available for all ages on the Ranch itself, but it's within driving distance of wineries, the beach, and antique shops. The cabins were comfortable and clean, and it was a delight to awaken in the morning to watch the deer take their morning walk down to the river. Because we like to make some of our own meals, Kathy worked with us to set up a wonderful grill/camp stove area. But the breakfast the Ranch provided the morning we left was absolutely one of the better meals during our stay. If you're looking for a reunion site, keep the Big K in mind!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy D
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Cathy & Linda made our stay very special with their hospitality. We had 10 friends & and stopped on the way to golf @ Bandon Dunes. We had a fabulous dinner they prepared special for us. Real food served by real people.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cathy m
Monroe, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I just spent a wonderful two days and nights at the ranch. We were treated just like family....wonderful meals, great views, friendly/warm staff and cozy cabins. Even though we did not catch any keepers on our steelhead fishing trip we had a wonderful day, seeing eagles, hawks, a keeper steelhead even jumped close to the boat...but not onto our lines. No electronics, no thoughts of work and just a beautiful get away!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobbyMac_65
Woodland, Washington, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We started off meeting the girls and boys at the sportsmans show in Portland Or. Everybody was like family! We booked the first bow hunt on the ranch in years. Staff was top notch(better than family) and food was heavenly. Hunting and fishing was outstandind with both of us harvesting great bucks. The last night of our stay we actually ate dinner with the Kesterson Family. Their hospitality was beyond belief. They have become family! We will be back. I have hunted and fished allover the west and Alaska and this was best by far!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Trever B
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The cabins are very clean and roomy. The meals were fresh and tasty and the staff went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and felt at home.
Be prepared, n wifi and no tv's in the rooms, there is plenty to do so leave your electronics in the car and have fun!
Verizon cell service works great everywhere on the property.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cableman352
Stonyford
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I checked into the lodge the night before my hunt started. The Staff was most helpful. Upon my arrival I was treated to a 'Long Range " demo. They are now having shooting instruction sessions out to ranges of 1000 yards. Best part is you don't have to leave the shooting bench to know where you are hitting the target ! Also Gary and I did an evening scout trip so I could look over the ranch areas to be hunted.
The cabin I had was clean and very comfortable. It had a coffee maker, microwave, and small refrigerator, for my use. It had lots of lighting so you can get just what light you like.
Food and service was great, the staff was friendly and most helpful. They even made me a favorite apple crisp that I mentioned in passing. I watched as other guests were served and a dinner party was taken care of, all with the best service and courtesy.
Bird hunters were in on several days and were also given the best service. Cleaning of gamebirds was done fast and packed for transport.
I have stayed and hunted in several states ( Idaho,Washington, Montana, Alaska) and never treated as well as I was at " Big K". My buck was a very nice 4x3 with eyegaurds and as I told Gary W. I was happy with it and would have taken it no matter where I was. Will I return YOU bet I will !

Room Tip: The cabins are setup so you can have some privacy. If you want a view tell themthey have cabins that...